Itinerary and railpass tips for 5 days Wengen

• Alp_Explorer
    Participant
    6 posts
    14 July 2022 at 1:06:45 #827768

Hi All,

I will be staying in Wengen for 4N/5Days and am looking to explore the Bernese Oberland region. I will be traveling with a STP. This is what I’ve planned so far.

Day 1: I will be strong in Zurich around 2pm and will then take the train to Wengen. I think I will reach Wengen around 6pm. Check into the hotel and freshen up by 7pm. What do you think I can do this evening in terms of sightseeing/activities?

Day 2: Take the areal cableway to Maennlichen. Then from there go to Klein Scheidegg. Then from there take the train to Jungfraujoch. Spend time on top.

Day 3: Go to Grindelwald First. Enjoy 2 adventure rides there. Also walk the first cliff walk by Tissot.

Day 4: Spend some time in Lauterbrunnen exploring the area and the waterfall. Then go to Murren. Spend some time in Murren. Then from there go to Schilthorn.

Day 5: Check out of my hotel. Go to Internlaken and take the funicular to Harder Kulm. I also wanted to do a boat trip as I was in Interlaken. Should I do the boat trip in Lake Thun or Lake Brienz? Do I have to book the boat trip? Later this evening around 6pm I need to reach my hotel in Wengen take my luggage and catch a train to Zermatt.

Am I missing anything in the region that you think I should cover?

Do you recommend me to buy any other pass apart from STP for this trip?

Also, for these trips do I prepurchase my tickets or buy them at the counter?

Please review my itinerary and let me know how I can make it better and more efficient. Thank you for reading this.

• The thread ‘Itinerary and railpass tips for 5 days Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.