Checking Swiss rail pass itinerary calculations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2018 at 20:17:56 #816868

Hi Guys,

can any of you guys which have used this calculator and understand the train system in Switzerland better than myself confirm i have done this correct and that by my itinerary the half fare card would be my best option alongside a swiss family card. my calculations are based on 1 adult and 1 child who unless i’m wrong would go free on the swiss travel pass and half fare card but would need to pay for a junior card if buying single destination tickets and jungrau sledging and hiking pass.

Thanks for your help guys.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 12:15:57 #889316

Hi Mattware49,

I checked a few prices on your excel sheet and it looks good. The key is to make sure you don’t enter the half fare travel card price on the regular fares (it is the first price to be listed on the timetable so it often gets mixed up). Once that is inputted correctly everything else falls into line properly.

Check you have the correct season for Jungfraujoch prices. You’ve listed a price of 183.00chf (shoulder season) it should be a little higher in the summer.

Looks like the Swiss Half Fare Card and Swiss Family Card is your cheapest option indeed.
    Be sure to add on the Swiss Family Card when buying the Swiss Half Fare Card here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 13:45:51 #889317

Hi Lucas.

Thanks for having a quick check over. I got all the prices after selecting no discount then going on to the next page of buying so it refreshed so prices should all be good :-).

The jungfrau trip I got the price off the jungfrau website for the date were going as were just in the winter season being the 23rd to 28th October.

Thanks again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 16:08:50 #889318

Ok sounds good!

• The thread ‘Checking Swiss rail pass itinerary calculations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.