Itinerary check 2 week Swiss trip in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 8:29:30 #819204

Hello,

There will be 4 of us ladies flying into Zurich on May 5th next year and staying for 2 weeks including flight days in and out of Switzerland. Ages range from 47 – 81. Taking ages into consideration, could you tell us please how our itinerary sounds. There is every possibility it could be all over the place and may need a lot of work haha. Here we go,

Day 1 We leave Brisbane for Zurich

Day 2. Arrive Zurich 8.15am settle into hotel in Zurich and get over the flight.

Day 3. Look around Zurich

Day 4 travel to Lucerne and stay for 3 nights. Mt Titlus

Day 5 Mt Rigi by boat via Weggis

Day. 6. Mt Pilatus

Day. 7 Travel to Wengen. Jungfraujoch. Stay for 5 nights in Wengen

Day 8. Shilthorn

Day 9. Trummelbach Falls

Day. 10. Grindewald look around and do canyon walk, flyer or paragliding.

Day 11. Allmendhubel via Murren ( would love to see the St Beatus Caves but I believe the walk to them is very steep. Could you confirm this please)

Day. 12 Travel back to Zurich and see Rhine Falls and stay the night ready to fly home

Day. 13. Fly out of Zurich.

Now tell me that I have messed it all up. haha. Again, considering some of the ages we dont want full on days but welcome some add ons. We are not really interested in historical things. More so scenery and relaxing walks. But saying that, me, being the youngest would like to try paragliding. If some of the days could be filled in with other activities please add to the days you think are suitable. Just not too much walking upstairs etc in one day.

Where exactly is the Canyon walk in Grindewald? Is it an easy enough walk to get there? On average, how long of a walk through the Canyon would it be?

Thankyou for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Philzy71

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 19:25:26 #900472

Hi Philzy71,

Looks pretty reasonable to me!

Always check your travel times on the SBB timetable to ensure it works for your group but I think each day is fine. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Most mountain trips around Lucerne would take about a half day so considering you aren’t up and out the door at 8am I wouldn’t plan on anything else those days to keep it at a relaxed pace. Days 8 and 9 should be able to be combined without issue at all so that frees up a day for something else (http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion).

Is the Grindelwald canyon the Glacier Gorge?

I haven’t been myself but went close on a walking trail and it isn’t far (35 minutes) and a bus gets you quite close as well: http://www.grindelwaldsports. ch/en/How_to_get_there .html

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2018 at 21:25:31 #900473

Thankyou Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2018 at 9:40:36 #900474

Lucas,

Are you familar with St Beatus Caves? Are they in Allmendhubel via Murren. Do you believe they are too steep to climb for us.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 December 2018 at 6:42:18 #900475

The Caves are close to Interlaken not Murren. 🙂

They aren’t too difficult to do no – I’d only be hesitant with a baby stroller.

Their website states: “Upon reaching the caves, a 1000metre underground journey begins along a safe and well-lit pathway”

http://www.beatushoehlen.swis s/en/

• The thread ‘Itinerary check 2 week Swiss trip in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.