Itinerary help for 10 nights around Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 7:37:51 #812076

Hello everyone, I am really grateful to this website and the moderators.

Here is my itinerary

July 12- Reach Zurich at 615 am and leave for Montreux. Explore Montreux, Visit Castle, lake Geneva, etc

13- Visit Chocolate and chees factory. (without the special train). Reach Lausanne by afternoon and visit vineyards.

14- Visit Zermatt or Glacier 3000.(Confused). Reach Montreux by evening and relax.

15- Leave for Interlaken via Golden pass train.

16- Visit Jungfraujoch.

17- Visit Grindlewald, Lauterbraunnen,nearby places.

18-Explore Interlaken and nearby places, Lake Brienz, etc.

19- Visit Bern.

20- Leave for Luzern. Visit Mt. Rigi.

21- Visit Mt. Titlis.

22- Flight to Mumbai at 9.45 am.

12-15 JULY – Montreux 15-20 – Interlaken 20-22 – Luzern

Questions: 1. If I reach Zermatt by 11.30, will be able to enjoy both Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat?

2. I want to visit Pilatus. So should I drop Bern and visit Pilatus from Interlaken? It takes approx 2h 45 mins to reach there. Is it advisable?

3. I will reach Luzern by 3 pm from Titlis on 21st. SO will I be able to visit local monuments and museums after 3. If not, then what should I do, because I really want to visit them? Should I drop Rigi?

Note: On 17,18 I wont be able leave Interlaken before 2pm, as I have to attend a function. Also, on 15th, the function will start at 4 and end at 730.

Thank you in advance, and please correct me if I am going on a wrong track. Feel free to suggest changes.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 10:20:00 #864333

Hi bhavinab,

1. Yes, I think you could do both that day. You may be limited to about 1.5/2 hours or so at each spot.
    2. You can do Mt. Pilatus in one day from Interlaken, but as you noted it is a long train trip in each direction! You are already planning on visiting Mt. Rigi and Mt. Titlis. I don’t think you need to visit all 3 mountains – I would pick the 2 that appeal most to you and keep Bern.
    3. Certainly you can visit Luzern and the area after 3pm. Most museums close by 6pm though so I would do those first (google their opening hours) and then spend the evening in the city (it is light out until 9pm roughly for most of the summer).

For you travel options on the 15th, 17th and 18th (when you have a late start) check the train schedules here to plan if it can work.

For example, on the 16th I would go as quickly as possible to Jungfraujoch – the last departure down is at 18:43 and it is a 2 hour trip (so you won’t reach Jungfraujoch until 4:30 or so).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 7:26:21 #864334

Thank you very much Lucas.

I have one query, does gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn get closed by 5?

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:01:49 #864335

Hi bhavinab,

Most mountain transport indeed stops operating around that time. Please visit our Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn pages for links to timetables, or check the Swiss timetable with all public transport in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘Itinerary help for 10 nights around Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.