4 nights Zurich to Geneva in September

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2019 at 19:31:56 #822612

Hi,

I am planning to travel Switzerland in the second week of September, and will start my trip from Zurich and end in the Geneva. The dates are as follows Sept 06- Sept 10. For this trip, I would like to visit Mountains and scenic beauty.

Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

shamik
    Participant
    19 posts
    3 July 2019 at 4:04:09 #916755

Hello Uday,

For 4 nights I would suggest go straight from Zurich to the Bernese Oberland area. This covers places like Grindelwald,Wengen,Lauterbrunnen and Murren and offers stunning beauty. You could stay in either of these places. My opinion of the relative advantage/disadvantage is as below:

Wengen/Murren: Beautiful views, car free, true Alpine villages.

Interlaken: Not so scenic but centrally located and good for boat trips on two beautiful lakes: Lake Brienz and Lake Thun.

Grindelwald: Beautiful alpine village with awesome views but a bit more crowded than Wengen/Murren. Not car free.

Lauterbrunnen: In the valley between the two mountains on which Murren and Wengen sit and also good views.

For four days I would suggest only 1 base location (any of the above).

You could buy the Swiss Travel Pass. This covers train travel in and around this area and discount in other routes in the area.

Regards

Shamik

• The thread ‘4 nights Zurich to Geneva in September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.