Itinerary help- 5 days Zurich, Interlaken, Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 22:31:56 #811152

Hi again,

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids aged 13 and 10) and this is our first trip to Switzerland. After having read many of the posts in this forum, we have decided to go for the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass (I believe it is better than a half-fare pass) and have drafted the below schedule for our visit in May 2017.

Please let us know if this schedule is good to go or will it be hectic because of various train journeys. Hotels have been booked for these days, but we can make changes as required to cover the mountains / scenic beauty. Although Glaciar Express / other mountains are missing, we can also extend for 1 day to make it to which fits into this schedule. Need a schedule for it as well to suit the below.

Just to add on, can some leg of this journey be made by boat ? Kids would love that – Please suggest.

Day 1 (20 May) : London – Zurich , arrive at 5PM –> Hotel stay in Zurich HB (Can we use some time in the evening for any Zurich city attractions in 2-3 hrs?)

Day 2 (21 May) : Zurich – Mt Titlis – Luzern (3-4 hrs) – Zurich —> Hotel stay in Zurich HB

Day 3 (22 May) : Zurich – Chur – Pontresina (Bernina Express) and back to Zurich (Normal Trains) and then Zurich – Rhine Falls – Zurich —> Hotel stay in Zurich HB

Day 4 (23 May) : Zurich – Interlaken – Jungfraujoch – Interlaken (Need details of activities for the day / cable car details from Wengen —> Mannlichen — Grindelwald) —> Stay in Interlaken

Day 5 (24 May) : Interlaken – Montreaux (Golden Pass) – Geneva (Need details of activities in Montreaux and Geneva) —-> Depart from Geneva to London (9pm flight)

Please provide your suggestions, Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2017 at 6:30:27 #860314

Hi Devura,

I’ll put in my two cents below for each day.

• Day 1: If your flight arrives at 5pm you’ll be downtown at your hotel probably around 6 or 6:30, time for dinner and perhaps wandering along Bahnhofstrasse? See our page on Zurich for more ideas of what to do in the town.
    • Day 2: It will be about 2,5 hours by train from Zurich to the top of Mt. Titlis, plus time on the mountain (2 to 3 hours plus time in Luzern 3 to 4 hours). I would make sure the weather is nice (check in the morning) before heading up the mountain as well.
    • be sure to check timetables for the trains here. You will have to get to Chur early to catch the Bernina Express. So an early morning with a return around 2:30/3pm to Zurich if you leave Pontresina right away. You could then head off the the RheinFall after this (another hour from Zurich) but again a long day – so that’s a personal decision.
    • Read more about the Jungfraujoch here for how to get there and what to do.
    • Here are pages with details about Interlaken, Montreux and Geneva as well as the Golden Pass Panoramic train

I hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Itinerary help- 5 days Zurich, Interlaken, Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.