Itinerary – 5 days in Switzerland based in Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 6:17:36 #811441

Hi Team,

We are a family of 5 adults and 1 toddler (2 years old) travelling and reaching Zurich late evening on 15th July and leaving from Zurich 20th July. We will be staying in Zurich for the period we are there. We need help and advice regarding how to travel to the places like:

Lucerne, Grindelwald, Jungfraujoch, Interlaken, Blausee and Rhinefall

Which travel pass should we go for if we would like to go by rail? Are we being too ambitious to travel to so many places and any place I should take out from the list?

Thank you very much for the help and suggestions

Ai Ling

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 16:39:36 #861723

Hi Ai Ling and welcome to MySwissAlps!,

I would look at a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass. It will cover all train trips except the portion between Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch (you need to buy a ticket but it is at 25% off with the Swiss Travel Pass).

It isn’t too ambitious but the day to Jungfraujoch will be a long one from Zurich. I would combine Interlaken and Grindelwald with this trip. Really there is no reason to visit Interlaken at all except to change trains on your way to Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch.

On another day you could do Luzern (local German spelling) and Blausee as well. The RheinFall is also an easy trip from Zurich.

Have a look here for all train schedules in Switzerland and let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 8:28:58 #861724

If you have a choice, I would suggest Bern as your base camp rather than Zürich as many more attractions are within a reasonable train ride. You can see the trip report that I posted recently in the other forum – we stayed in Bern and found it to be a very good central location.

• The thread ‘Itinerary – 5 days in Switzerland based in Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.