5 day Swiss trip - hotel options and planning help

5 day Swiss trip - hotel options and planning help

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Harsh
Harsh
1 post
May 19, 2018 - 3:50 PM

Dear all,

I have planned a family trip to Switzerland in the month of June last week. I am from Mumbai and traveling with my wife and 18 month old Son. I have thought of following itinerary.

Day 1: landing in zurich in morning - after keeping our luggage at airport - going to rhine falls by train and coming back by after noon. if time permits will go through Zurich ZOO and get free by evening. In evening travel to Lucerne and stay there.

Day 2: Mount Titlis Trip and in evening local Lucerne

Day 3: Rigi and local Lucerne and leave for Zermatt by late afternoon

Day 4: Gornergrat trip and remaining day to explore Zermatt(yet to plan) - mostly in evening travel to geneva and stay

Day 5: Explore Geneva and stay there.

Day 6: 9 am flight for onward journey.

I have following query.

1. How the trip looks to you experts and please suggestions are welcome

2. I saw days would be very long at that time.. is the weather remains same throughout to be outside

3. Zermatt is quite costly, want to stay some family budget place with easy travelling?

4. Zermatt one day enough ? or i should manage something from lucerne

5. Looking for stay in geneva near airport or easy transferrable to airport since i have to reach airport at 6 am in morning.

6. planned to transfer big luggage directly via train from lucerne to geneva

7. I am keeping a stroller along; i will also have 2 small suitcase and one bag pack

I am looking for local family stay ? Please reply and let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks in advance

Lucas
Lucas
6368 posts
expert &
May 19, 2018 - 8:05 PM in reply to Harsh

Hi Harsh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Looks quite manageable from here! use the Swiss timetable to plan out the trips and find schedules that work for you.
  2. Weather can change throughout the day certainly - especially on the mountains where it changes very quickly.
  3. Have a look at Zermatt hotels here. Try the Youth Hostel or the Hotel Garni Tannenhof.
  4. I think for your timeline 1 day will be sufficient
  5. Geneva hotel recommendations are here. Try the Geneva Ibis Airport Hotel.
  6. Ok. Find details here for luggage transfer.

Let us know if you have more questions!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018