5 day Swiss trip – hotel options and planning help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 15:50:29 #816100

Dear all,

I have planned a family trip to Switzerland in the month of June last week. I am from Mumbai and traveling with my wife and 18 month old Son. I have thought of following itinerary.

Day 1: landing in zurich in morning – after keeping our luggage at airport – going to rhine falls by train and coming back by after noon. if time permits will go through Zurich ZOO and get free by evening. In evening travel to Lucerne and stay there.

Day 2: Mount Titlis Trip and in evening local Lucerne

Day 3: Rigi and local Lucerne and leave for Zermatt by late afternoon

Day 4: Gornergrat trip and remaining day to explore Zermatt(yet to plan) – mostly in evening travel to geneva and stay

Day 5: Explore Geneva and stay there.

Day 6: 9 am flight for onward journey.

I have following query.

1. How the trip looks to you experts and please suggestions are welcome

2. I saw days would be very long at that time.. is the weather remains same throughout to be outside

3. Zermatt is quite costly, want to stay some family budget place with easy travelling?

4. Zermatt one day enough ? or i should manage something from lucerne

5. Looking for stay in geneva near airport or easy transferrable to airport since i have to reach airport at 6 am in morning.

6. planned to transfer big luggage directly via train from lucerne to geneva

7. I am keeping a stroller along; i will also have 2 small suitcase and one bag pack

I am looking for local family stay ? Please reply and let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 20:05:13 #885826

Hi Harsh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Looks quite manageable from here! use the Swiss timetable to plan out the trips and find schedules that work for you.
    2. Weather can change throughout the day certainly – especially on the mountains where it changes very quickly.
    3. Have a look at Zermatt hotels here. Try the Youth Hostel or the Hotel Garni Tannenhof.
    4. I think for your timeline 1 day will be sufficient
    5. Geneva hotel recommendations are here. Try the Geneva Ibis Airport Hotel.
    6. Ok. Find details here for luggage transfer.

Let us know if you have more questions!

• The thread ‘5 day Swiss trip – hotel options and planning help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.