May 19, 2018 - 3:50 PM
I have planned a family trip to Switzerland in the month of June last week. I am from Mumbai and traveling with my wife and 18 month old Son. I have thought of following itinerary.
Day 1: landing in zurich in morning - after keeping our luggage at airport - going to rhine falls by train and coming back by after noon. if time permits will go through Zurich ZOO and get free by evening. In evening travel to Lucerne and stay there.
Day 2: Mount Titlis Trip and in evening local Lucerne
Day 3: Rigi and local Lucerne and leave for Zermatt by late afternoon
Day 4: Gornergrat trip and remaining day to explore Zermatt(yet to plan) - mostly in evening travel to geneva and stay
Day 5: Explore Geneva and stay there.
Day 6: 9 am flight for onward journey.
I have following query.
1. How the trip looks to you experts and please suggestions are welcome
2. I saw days would be very long at that time.. is the weather remains same throughout to be outside
3. Zermatt is quite costly, want to stay some family budget place with easy travelling?
4. Zermatt one day enough ? or i should manage something from lucerne
5. Looking for stay in geneva near airport or easy transferrable to airport since i have to reach airport at 6 am in morning.
6. planned to transfer big luggage directly via train from lucerne to geneva
7. I am keeping a stroller along; i will also have 2 small suitcase and one bag pack
I am looking for local family stay ? Please reply and let me know your thoughts on this.
thanks in advance