My family (2 Adults and 1 Toddler, 1 year 10 Months old) will arrive in Switzerland from Italy on 1st Sept 2017 for 8 days (including arrival and departure day)
We love to see beautiful landscapes, lakes, mountains, mountain side villages, not hiking (Because of toddler), not museum, not big city. I am on budget.
I plan to buy 8 days swiss travel pass for 2 of us and toddler will be free. I think i donot even need to have family pass.
Below is my itinerary. Please review it regarding its feasibility and doability, specially from toddler point of view.
I am flexible to cut a day from one region and to add the same in another region.
Day 0: From venice to Milan. Stay overnight in Milan
Day 1: From Milan->Lugano->Luzern by Gotthard Panorama Express. Stay in Luzern
Day 2-3-4: Day trip to Titlis/Pilatus/Rigi/Stanserhorn/Lake Lucerne cruise
Day 5: Move to Bernese Oberland by Golden pass. Stay at Murren Or Wengen.
Day 6: Bernese Oberland Region
Day 7: Move to Montreux by Golden pass. Stay at Montreux Or vevey
Day 8: Move to Geneva and return flight.
Need advice for below:
1. As i will enter Switzerland from Venice(Italy), Which option is better
Option 1: From venice to Milan. Stay overnight in Milan. Milan->Lugano->Luzern by Gotthard Panorama Express.
Option 2: Direct flight from Venice to Zurich. Zurich to Luzern by train.
2. I am thinking of making Luzern as base location and do day trips from there.
Is there any other mountain village nearby, from where i can do same day trips with similar kind of comfort level.
3. Out of day trips from Luzern, Titlis/Pilatus/Rigi/Stanserhorn/Lake Lucerne cruise, which all should i choose?
4. Murren Or Wengen? Or any other mountain village economic option in the same area?
5. A day in Bernese oberland region, which one is better roaming in mountain villages Or Schilthorn Or Boat trip Thun?
6. Montreux Or vevey Or any other option for 1 day stay
7. should i cut a day from Luzern and add in either Bernese Oberland Region Or Montreux?
Many Thanks in advance!