8 day Itinerary Zurich-Interlaken-Geneva-Zurich

• jesse
    Participant
    5 posts
    25 July 2017 at 17:02:20 #812739

Dear All

What do you think about the below travel plan for 8 days/7 nights itinerary. All suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

Day 1 Arrive Zurich 8AM

Golden Pass North Leg- Zurich-Interlaken

Interlaken-Bern Quick Bern City Tour

Bern-Interlaken

Overnight Stay at Interlaken

Day 2 JUNGFRAUJOCH

Lake Brienz Boat Cruise

Overnight Stay at Interlaken

Day 3 GOLDEN PASS SOUTHERN LEG

Interlaken-Montrux

Chateau de Chillon

Montreux-Geneva

Overnight Stay at Geneva

Day 4 Geneva City/Boat Tour

Overnight Stay at Geneva

Day 5 Geneva-Zermatt

Zermatt Cogwheel Train to Gornergrat.

Overnight Stay at Zermatt

Day 6 Glacier Express

Zermatt-Chur

Chur-Zurich

Overnight Stay at Zurich

Day 7 Zurich-Lucern-ENGELBERG

Mt. Titlis

Engelberg-Zurich

Overnight Stay at Zurich

Day 8 7AM Depart from Zurich

Thanks in advance.

Jesse

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2017 at 6:47:17 #867365

Hi Jesse and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are really moving around Switzerland on your 8 days. I would recommend not moving around quite so much unless you really need to.

Day 1: Doesn’t make a lot of sense in terms of direction. ZurichInterlakenBern – Interlaken. I would go stay in Interlaken and maybe not see Bern. Although if you want a few hours there (and it is a nice town) I would travel to Bern first and then to Interlaken and not do the Golden Pass route here between Luzern and Interlaken.

Day 2: This day can work just fine (Lake Brienz and Jungfraujoch). Just be sure the weather looks good before committing to Jungfraujoch in either the morning or the afternoon.

Day 3: Unless there is something you need to see in Geneva I would stay in Montreux.

Day 4: You can do the Lake Geneva boat tour from Montreux as well as other activities.

Day 5: looks good

Day 6: looks good

Day 7: Luzern and Mt. Titlis. I would try to do this around day 1 other than Bern perhaps (whichever is more interesting to you. But in the end a day trip to Mt. Titlis is certainly not a big issue from Zurich.

In the end I would try and take at least one destination out – I’m leaning to Geneva on the above itinerary but it is a personal choice of course.

I would also look at the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days that will cover your trips quite well.

Lucas

• The thread ‘8 day Itinerary Zurich-Interlaken-Geneva-Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.