8 day Itinerary Zurich-Interlaken-Geneva-Zurich

8 day Itinerary Zurich-Interlaken-Geneva-Zurich

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jesse
jesse
5 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 5:02 PM

Dear All

What do you think about the below travel plan for 8 days/7 nights itinerary. All suggestions/recommendations are welcome.

Day 1 Arrive Zurich 8AM

Golden Pass North Leg- Zurich-Interlaken

Interlaken-Bern Quick Bern City Tour

Bern-Interlaken

Overnight Stay at Interlaken

Day 2 JUNGFRAUJOCH

Lake Brienz Boat Cruise

Overnight Stay at Interlaken

Day 3 GOLDEN PASS SOUTHERN LEG

Interlaken-Montrux

Chateau de Chillon

Montreux-Geneva

Overnight Stay at Geneva

Day 4 Geneva City/Boat Tour

Overnight Stay at Geneva

Day 5 Geneva-Zermatt

Zermatt Cogwheel Train to Gornergrat.

Overnight Stay at Zermatt

Day 6 Glacier Express

Zermatt-Chur

Chur-Zurich

Overnight Stay at Zurich

Day 7 Zurich-Lucern-ENGELBERG

Mt. Titlis

Engelberg-Zurich

Overnight Stay at Zurich

Day 8 7AM Depart from Zurich

Thanks in advance.

Jesse

Lucas
Lucas
3627 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 6:47 AM in reply to jesse

Hi Jesse and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You are really moving around Switzerland on your 8 days. I would recommend not moving around quite so much unless you really need to.

Day 1: Doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of direction. Zurich - Interlaken - Bern - Interlaken. I would go stay in Interlaken and maybe not see Bern. Although if you want a few hours there (and it is a nice town) I would travel to Bern first and then to Interlaken and not do the Golden Pass route here between Luzern and Interlaken.

Day 2: This day can work just fine (Lake Brienz and Jungfraujoch). Just be sure the weather looks good before committing to Jungfraujoch in either the morning or the afternoon.

Day 3: Unless there is something you need to see in Geneva I would stay in Montreux.

Day 4: You can do the Lake Geneva boat tour from Montreux as well as other activities.

Day 5: looks good

Day 6: looks good

Day 7: Luzern and Mt. Titlis. I would try to do this around day 1 other than Bern perhaps (whichever is more interesting to you. But in the end a day trip to Mt. Titlis is certainly not a big issue from Zurich.

In the end I would try and take at least one destination out - I'm leaning to Geneva on the above itinerary but it is a personal choice of course.

I would also look at the Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days that will cover your trips quite well.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018