April/May Zurich-Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen-Bern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
neegan
neegan
1 post
Mar 14, 2019 - 7:30 PM

Hello!

I will be traveling to Switzerland from April 25th to May 3rd. I'm planning on visiting Zurich, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, and Bern. I have a few questions:

1. What will the weather be like in these areas in late April/early May?

2. What are some good hiking trails in these areas? How do I get there by train?

3. Are any summer toboggans open in these areas at this time?

4. Should I consider taking day trips to any other areas near the ones I'm visiting?

Thank you for your help!

Snowman
Snowman
480 posts
top member
Mar 14, 2019 - 10:36 PM in reply to neegan

Hello neegan and welcome to MySwissAlps

1. Nobody can tell. Check again no more than 10 days before.

2. Yes. Of course, Zurich and Bern are cities, but indeed you can walk through the sightseeing areas. Check WHAT TO DO on top of your screen. For trains, etc. click on HOW TO TRAVEL on top of your screen.

3. On Mt Pilatus, near Lucerne (can be reached from Zurich or Interlaken): www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwzcn-gdeHc

4. You could, yes.

Enjoy your stay!

Maria
Maria
796 posts
top member &
Mar 15, 2019 - 6:51 PM

Hi Neegan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

What a nice trip you are planning. To answer your questions:

You can find a good description of Swiss weather here including a link to the weather forecast for nearer the time as Snowman suggests: www.myswissalps.com/we ather

For good hiking trails, you can check our hiking guide here, where you can choose trails by location and difficulty level: www.myswissalps.com/hi king

For day trip ideas and more, you can have a look at the following pages for inspiration:

Hope this helps and good luck with your planning!

Maria.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019