Itinerary help-3 night Interlaken & 2 night Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 9:07:27 #812175

Of many website on the internet, I found your website the most informative and easy to navigate.

However, the more I read about Switzerland, the more I get confused on how to make best use of my time, as every place in Switzerland is beautiful.

I have made a tentative itinerary, and was hoping if you could help fine tune it.

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids ( 7yrs & 5yrs), visiting Switzerland for the first time, with the objective of seeing the beautiful sights and if possible visit a chocolate and cheese factory for my kids.

We have already purchased the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Family Card.

a) 8th July : Traveling from Paris to Basel by TGV. Connecting Basel to Interlaken West (ETA :13:00 hrs).

Do we need to have a seat reservation from Basel to Interlaken train.

Request Suggestion for 8th July Afternoon.

b) 9th July : Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back.

Do we buy the tickets for Interlaken to Jungfraujoch now or shall we buy the tickets on 8th July from Interlaken depending on the weather?

Would you suggest, we plan for Junfraujoch on 10th as on a Sunday 9th July, it can be expected to have more visitors.

c) 10th July : Nothing Planned Yet. Please suggest.

Would like to take my kids to see a chocolate factory and a cheese factory.

Is there any factory near Interlaken?

Can we do the factories as mentioned on “The Chocolate Train” but starting from Interlaken?

d) 11th July : Interlaken to Luzern. (Keep the luggage at station luggage locker at Luzern). Explore Luzern for 4-5 hours. Proceed to Zurich in the evening.

Please suggest what are the must see place or must do activity in Luzern.

e) 12th July : Nothing Planned Yet. Please suggest.

Please suggest what are the must see place or must do activity in Zurich

f) 13th July : Fly out of Switzerland

We would like to try local food of Switzerland. I look forward to your suggestion on any restaurants that we need to try at Interlaken/ Luzern/ Zurich.

I look forward to any local cuisine suggestion that we have to try.

Thankyou in advance.

• The thread ‘Itinerary help-3 night Interlaken & 2 night Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.