I would be traveling to Switzerland with my wife from 14th to 24thMarch. It’s our honeymoon trip.
After some research we hve made the following itinerary:
Day 1: Land in Zurich by 7pm. Overnight in Zurich.
Day2: Breakfast nd then go for Zurich city trolley tour.
Then leave for Lucerne by 1pm.
Visit Lake Lucerne, Wooden bridge, Lion monument etc.
Day3: After breakfast Excursion to Mt. Titlis.
Day4: After breakfast travel to Zermatt.
( Can we use Glacier Express for this?)
City exploration. Ride in Gornergrat train.
Is there anything else in particular tht we are missing out worthwhile? Kindly Suggest.
Day5: Visit Matterhorn.
Day6: Breakfast nd then Zermatt to Gstaad.
Leisure & Some City Exploration in Gstaad.
Day7: Glacier 3000 for its peak walk and alpine coaster ride.
Day8: Gstaad to Interlaken by the Golden Pass Line. Visit Lake Brienz- jet boat ride etc.
Any must go places here?
Day9: Excursion to Mt.Jungfraujoch.
Day10: Trummelbach waterfalls Or Leukerbad Therme Centre + Some adventure activities like paragliding etc in Interlaken. I dont think we would b able to cover all three things in one day.
So Trummelbach falls or Therm Centre?
Day11: Breakfast. Checkout by 10. Visit Murren nd do some exploration. Leave for Zurich airport by 5pm.
Catch Flight back home at 9.30pm.
Again looking for suggestion for some Must Visit/ do things in Murren or around.
We have thought of going for the Swiss Travel Pass of 15 days for travelling purposes.
And following are our hotels where we plan to stay
Had a few doubts. Would be really grateful if you could help me out with it and also help me better the internary.
1. We are pure Vegetarians ( not even eggs). Not sure about the availability of Vegetarian in the places we plan to visit namely Zurich, Lucerne, Gstaad, Interlaken, Murren.
Will it be a difficult task to find vegetarian food in these places? Any suugestions?
2. Stay in Interlaken Or Stay in Murren Or Stay in Grindelwald Or Stay in Wengen?
We have read on many forums that Murren, Grindelwald, Wengen are more beautiful and scenic then Interlaken which is more on the commercial side. So since its our honeymoon trip we are keen on staying in a scenic and a romantic place but again not sure about the Vegan food availability and also the connectivity from the above places to the places around. Which one should we go for?
Will we miss out on something that worthwhile if we stay in Interlaken?
3. Adveture Sports? Where should we go for adventure activities? Kindly suggest. Interlaken or Murren or any other place around?
Where are the best adverture activities taking place? If possible we wish to go for Skydiving also. Is it worth the money here? Or we should just go for Paragliding and other activities?
5. Is Zurich trolley ride good enough or can we skip that and cover something else instead like Rhine waterfall or blackforest in the limited time that we would have in Zurich(12-5pm)
6. Are the hotels mentioned in the itinerary good enough or can one recommend better hotels of similar monetary range?