Help regarding 3 day itinerary from Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 19:43:52 #808752

3 days Itinerary Help!

Hi. Me and my husband are planning to have another short break to switzerland and this time Basel as our point of entry. Pls help with itinerary. Weve been to zurich, lucern, zermatt so would prefer somewhere else to go. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2016 at 5:56:58 #850009

Welcome back maciejjacek,

You can consider the Bernese Oberland/Jungfrau region, the Lake Geneva region and Graubünden. Please see the “Where to go” and “What to do” items in the top menu to get started. Also this page helps with creating a plan. The best itinerary depends on your interests, budget and travel dates, so it’s best to first create a plan and then get back here for feedback.

I moved your thread from the Trip Reports forum to the Miscellaneous forum. The Trip Reports forum is to report back about completed trips, so feel free to post there after your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2016 at 11:53:48 #850010

hello,

If you have 3 days and you have not been to the Jungfrau region, I would do as Arno suggested and go to Jungfraujoch by train – expensive but worth it. depending on where you are coming from the train trip from Lucerne through to Interlaken and onto the Jungfrau region is also quite beautiful. If you like the mountains you could stay in the Jungfrau region and do Schilthorn, Grindelwald First, and perhaps the Trummelbach falls – assuming they are open. Just my opinion based on what I have done on 3 past visits to Switzerland.

Glacier

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 March 2016 at 22:13:59 #850011

Hi Maciejjacek –

When are you going to Switzerland? It can make a difference in the Jungfrau region, in particular.

Slowoke

• The thread ‘Help regarding 3 day itinerary from Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.