Itinerary help – Montreux vs. Bern for 2 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 3:33:49 #816788

hi! I was hoping to get some ideas about what we should do – planning a 8 night trip to Switzerland – here is what we have so far and we need help with the last part of our trip –

Flying in and out of Zurich.

Day 1 – Zurich, explore Zurich, sleep in Zurich

Day 2 – train from Zurich to Luzern; explore Luzern; sleep in Luzern

Day 3 & 4 – train from Luzern to Interlaken – stay in Interlaken for 2 nights.

Day 5 – train from Interlaken to Murren – night in Murren

Day6 & 7 – need help here- should we go to Montreux or Bern? I think we want to do the Choc factory in Broc and want to visit Gruyeres. I know we can do both from Montreux and Bern, but what is the better place to visit? I wanted to stay away from 1 night in Montreux and then 1 night in Bern, as Bern is on the way back to Zurich from Montreux, because I think its too much moving, trying to keep it relaxed a little bit the end of the trip. Is there another place we could go instead that’s better (than these 2) that I may be missing from my research? :

Day 8 – end up in Zurich/night in Zurich – leaving early AM the next morning from Zurich

thank you in advance for your suggestions!

• The thread ‘Itinerary help – Montreux vs. Bern for 2 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.