Itinerary help Zermatt – Aletsch Glacier

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2018 at 16:41:53 #817197

Hi,

I’m traveling to Switzerland this early of September, by train, and I would like to get some itinerary help:

My first destination is the Jungfrau (Base 1) . After then, I’m planning to take a train from Interlaken to Zermatt (Base 2) . I also planning to get to the Aletsch Glacier. After Zermatt, continuing toward Sion and Montreux (base 3).

My questions are:

1. Should I split the base in Zermatt into two Bases: Zermatt, and some close town to the Aletsch Glacier?

The train- interlaken-zermatt passes through Visp, so maybe staying for few days in the area would be better than make all the long way from Zermatt to the Aletsch Glacier and back to Zermatt… and:

2. Is that worth to stay in Brig/Visp? Is there more things to see and do in the area except of the Aletsch Glacier?

I would like to get an answer!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    10 July 2018 at 22:30:38 #891011

Hi Elliott,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Between Zermatt and Aletsch Glacier, stay in Brig. Check out the bottom of this page, <Swiss towns>, and go to Towns centered in the Alps. Brig is one of them, it has nice buildings such as Stockalper Castle. I stayed at the Good Night Inn in may, it was fine.

Next, check out again at the bottom of this page, < Activities and sightseeing>, where you get details on Aletsch Glacier.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 6:19:53 #891012

Hi Elliott,

Brig is a good stopover there yes. There isn’t as much to do as in Zermatt but there are some nice areas, the castle as Snowman mentions and some thermal springs not to far from town if it is an interest.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/brig

• The thread ‘Itinerary help Zermatt – Aletsch Glacier’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.