Itinerary help Zermatt - Aletsch Glacier

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
elliott
elliott
1 post
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:41 PM

Hi,

I'm traveling to Switzerland this early of September, by train, and I would like to get some itinerary help:

My first destination is the Jungfrau (Base 1) . After then, I'm planning to take a train from Interlaken to Zermatt (Base 2) . I also planning to get to the Aletsch Glacier. After Zermatt, continuing toward Sion and Montreux (base 3).

My questions are:

1. Should I split the base in Zermatt into two Bases: Zermatt, and some close town to the Aletsch Glacier?

The train- interlaken-zermatt passes through Visp, so maybe staying for few days in the area would be better than make all the long way from Zermatt to the Aletsch Glacier and back to Zermatt... and:

2. Is that worth to stay in Brig/Visp? Is there more things to see and do in the area except of the Aletsch Glacier?

I would like to get an answer!

Snowman
Snowman
140 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 10:30 PM in reply to elliott

Hi Elliott,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Between Zermatt and Aletsch Glacier, stay in Brig. Check out the bottom of this page, <Swiss towns>, and go to Towns centered in the Alps. Brig is one of them, it has nice buildings such as Stockalper Castle. I stayed at the Good Night Inn in may, it was fine.

Next, check out again at the bottom of this page, < Activities and sightseeing>, where you get details on Aletsch Glacier.

Lucas
Lucas
7148 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 6:19 AM in reply to elliott

Hi Elliott,

Brig is a good stopover there yes. There isn't as much to do as in Zermatt but there are some nice areas, the castle as Snowman mentions and some thermal springs not to far from town if it is an interest.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/brig

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018