Mountain visits near Lauterbrunnen and Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2019 at 23:53:10 #823412

Hi All,

My husband and I will be in Switzerland 3rd – 7th. We have purchased the STP. Lauterbrunnen 3rd – 6th. Zermatt on the 6th for 1 night. During these days we will be visiting:

• 4th Mt Pilatus (Golden Round Trip) 36CHF per person
    • 5th Schilthorn free travel with pass.
    • 6th Gornergrat CHF98 for 2 adults with pass
    • 6th Matterhorn CHF200 for 2 adults ( I can’t seem to find if this is the discounted price?)

My question is on the 5th when will be visiting the Schilthorn early. I was thinking we could do a boat trip on Lake Brienz and or Lake Thurn? OR should we be visiting the Jungfrau as there is a lot of reviews on how spectacular it is?

We were looking at doing the boat due to it being included in the STP. What are your thoughts on the mountains we have chosen to visit and should we not include one of them and do the Jungfrau??

Thanks

Kristine & Mark

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 August 2019 at 1:05:53 #920129

Hi K&M

<<“My husband and I will be in Switzerland 3rd – 7th. “>>

Could be great or awful. What month?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2019 at 6:32:24 #920130

So sorry we will be there in September.

Thanks 🙂

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 August 2019 at 6:33:03 #920131

Hello Kristine and Mark!

Yes, you’ve certainly selected some great mountain trips! If weather allows, you’ll have a great itinerary and wonderful views. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, I would opt for Schilthorn as that’s for free (http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity). Jungfraujoch is an option too of course, but it will involve quite some additional costs. You’d best compare for yourself:

Sure, you could add a boat trip on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz after your Schilthorn visit. Please see the pages below and find links to the boat timetables there:

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 August 2019 at 9:15:57 #920132

<<“So sorry we will be there in September.”>

On average, that is the best time of year, with the best chance for good weather and somewhat reduced tourist density.

Check the dates for the Jungfrau Marathon in early September. The place is a a madhouse for a day or so when it is run.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Mountain visits near Lauterbrunnen and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.