Itinerary plan for Luzern over 4 days from Paris

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nalindap
nalindap
7 posts
Aug 13, 2017 - 4:54 PM

I will be visiting Switzerland in first week of October and intend stay for 5 days. I am planning to base in Lucerne and travel back and forth. I will be traveling with my wife and 9 year old daughter.I have just jot down a tentative itinerary.

Day 1 - Mount Titilis half a day. Lake Lucerne Half a day

Day 2 - Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne

Day 3 - Mount Rigi Day trip

Day 4 - Lucerne Swiss Museum of Transport

Just wants to know few things.

1. What is the best mode to travel from Paris to Lucerne in terms of cost ? Train or Plane ?

2. Am I on the right track in terms of itinerary or can you suggest a better option.

3. What rail pass best suits me ?

4. Can you suggest some " not expensive" hotels with breakfast included ?

Lucas
Lucas
9606 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2017 - 7:09 PM in reply to nalindap

Hi Nalindap and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Usually I would recommend traveling by train to Switzerland from France- a little simpler typically. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip. We also have information about flying to Switzerland here.
  2. Be careful about Day 2 - Jungfraujoch from Luzern is a very long day. You could also combine Day 3 and 4 together. You could look at a Lake Luzern boat cruise on one day. We also have a list of ideas of things to in and around Luzern here.
  3. I think the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for the adults and the free Swiss Family Card for your child would be your best bet.
  4. We have a list of hotels of various prices for Luzern here for you to read about.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

nalindap
nalindap
7 posts
Aug 14, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Lucas for your suggestions. Let me do a bit of study on your suggestions and get back if I need any further details.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018