Itinerary plan for Luzern over 4 days from Paris

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nalindap
nalindap
7 posts
Aug 13, 2017 - 4:54 PM

I will be visiting Switzerland in first week of October and intend stay for 5 days. I am planning to base in Lucerne and travel back and forth. I will be traveling with my wife and 9 year old daughter.I have just jot down a tentative itinerary.

Day 1 - Mount Titilis half a day. Lake Lucerne Half a day

Day 2 - Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne

Day 3 - Mount Rigi Day trip

Day 4 - Lucerne Swiss Museum of Transport

Just wants to know few things.

1. What is the best mode to travel from Paris to Lucerne in terms of cost ? Train or Plane ?

2. Am I on the right track in terms of itinerary or can you suggest a better option.

3. What rail pass best suits me ?

4. Can you suggest some " not expensive" hotels with breakfast included ?

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Aug 13, 2017 - 7:09 PM in reply to nalindap

Hi Nalindap and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Usually I would recommend traveling by train to Switzerland from France- a little simpler typically. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip. We also have information about flying to Switzerland here.
  2. Be careful about Day 2 - Jungfraujoch from Luzern is a very long day. You could also combine Day 3 and 4 together. You could look at a Lake Luzern boat cruise on one day. We also have a list of ideas of things to in and around Luzern here.
  3. I think the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for the adults and the free Swiss Family Card for your child would be your best bet.
  4. We have a list of hotels of various prices for Luzern here for you to read about.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

nalindap
nalindap
7 posts
Aug 14, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Lucas for your suggestions. Let me do a bit of study on your suggestions and get back if I need any further details.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019