Itinerary plan for Luzern over 4 days from Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2017 at 16:54:23 #812942

I will be visiting Switzerland in first week of October and intend stay for 5 days. I am planning to base in Lucerne and travel back and forth. I will be traveling with my wife and 9 year old daughter.I have just jot down a tentative itinerary.

Day 1 – Mount Titilis half a day. Lake Lucerne Half a day

Day 2 – Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne

Day 3 – Mount Rigi Day trip

Day 4 – Lucerne Swiss Museum of Transport

Just wants to know few things.

1. What is the best mode to travel from Paris to Lucerne in terms of cost ? Train or Plane ?

2. Am I on the right track in terms of itinerary or can you suggest a better option.

3. What rail pass best suits me ?

4. Can you suggest some ” not expensive” hotels with breakfast included ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2017 at 19:09:28 #868268

Hi Nalindap and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Usually I would recommend traveling by train to Switzerland from France- a little simpler typically. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip. We also have information about flying to Switzerland here.
    2. Be careful about Day 2 – Jungfraujoch from Luzern is a very long day. You could also combine Day 3 and 4 together. You could look at a Lake Luzern boat cruise on one day. We also have a list of ideas of things to in and around Luzern here.
    3. I think the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for the adults and the free Swiss Family Card for your child would be your best bet.
    4. We have a list of hotels of various prices for Luzern here for you to read about.

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 11:14:46 #868269

Thanks Lucas for your suggestions. Let me do a bit of study on your suggestions and get back if I need any further details.

• The thread ‘Itinerary plan for Luzern over 4 days from Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.