15 days itinerary for summer 2020 in Switzerland

• Grovesia
    Participant
    4 posts
    7 July 2019 at 0:11:06 #822696

Hello

I am planning a summer trip for next summer around 15 days. First question, we would be traveling in either July or August. I realize this is high season. However, weather wise, is there a particular time in those two months where chances of good weather on the mountain is more likely?

We were planning the spend a week in Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Wengen (exact town TBD). Question – how truly realistic would it be to make a day trip from this area to Montreux? There is a particular attraction that is a must see there for us. i have generally checked out the time tables, but looking for a human opinion. If it’s not reasonable, we would be adding one night there before going to Zermatt.

My next question is really around how to split up our next week in Switzerland. We love to hike and be in nature. We were thinking to spend 3 nights in Zermatt, take the Glacier Express to St. Moritz, spend a night there before heading to Zurich to fly home. In your opinion, is it worth breaking up some of the time in Zermatt and spending more time near St. Moritz having spent a week in the area mentioned above? We are really open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

• The thread ‘15 days itinerary for summer 2020 in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.