10 Day Switzerland itinerary review – end of May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 16:14:26 #811844

Hello Everyone!

Appreciate your help and any comments on my Itinerary.

Day 1 – Arrive to Zurich by air at 8am. – Spend the day in zurich, explore old town and other walking tours in Zurich – Night in Zurich

Day 2 – Arrive to Luzern by train (early) – head over to Mt. Pilatus in the morning. Explore Luzern in the afternoon. – Night in Luzern

Day 3 – Mt Rigi – Explore Luzern in the afternoon. Night in Luzern

Day 4 – Leave Luzern in the AM and head to Grindenwald via Interlaken. Get off at Interlaken and explore the town a bit. Continue journey to Grindenwald and explore Grindenwald in the evenings. Night in Grindenwald.

Day 5 – Jungfraujoch from Grindenwald. Up via Grindenwald. Down via Wengen. Night in Grindenwald

Day 6 – Schilthorn and explore Gimmenwald, Murren and possibly some light hiking. Night in Grindenwald

Day 7 – Leave for Montreux on Goldenpass train. Explore Montreax, Chillion Castle and Vevey. Night in Montruex

Day 8 – Day trip to Gruyeres and Broc – Cheese and Chocolate – Self guided – Night in Montreux.

Day 9 – Little confused with this day – thinking of going to Geneva and explore the city a bit. Other option is to go up to Rochers-De-Naye / Wine tasting in the area – Night in Montreux.

Day 10 – Early AM train to Milan.

Questions –

Should I do both Mt Rigi and Mt. Pilatus? If one, which one? What should I do in the other time?

How are my Grindenwald days? Should I both peaks? Or limit to one and explore the valley a bit? Any suggestion?

Day 9 – what do you suggest?

Am I missing something key along my route? I have the 8 + 2 Swiss Travel Pass (for a total of 10 days).

Thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 19:34:15 #863414

Hi Danielkop,

I like your itinerary as is!

I would do both Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus. Perhaps you don’t have to do both Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch however but that more depends on what else in Grindelwald interests you – it certainly isn’t a waste of time to do both mountains!

Day 7 looks a little long…I might choose between Vevey and Chillon but not both as well as Montreux (depending on how early you get to Montreux that day)

Day 9: I would definitely go to Rochers-De-Naye / Wine tasting (but that’s me)

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 16:50:21 #863415

Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘10 Day Switzerland itinerary review – end of May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.