10 Day Switzerland itinerary review - end of May

10 Day Switzerland itinerary review - end of May

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
danielkop
danielkop
3 posts
May 16, 2017 - 4:14 PM

Hello Everyone!

Appreciate your help and any comments on my Itinerary.

Day 1 - Arrive to Zurich by air at 8am. - Spend the day in zurich, explore old town and other walking tours in Zurich - Night in Zurich

Day 2 - Arrive to Luzern by train (early) - head over to Mt. Pilatus in the morning. Explore Luzern in the afternoon. - Night in Luzern

Day 3 - Mt Rigi - Explore Luzern in the afternoon. Night in Luzern

Day 4 - Leave Luzern in the AM and head to Grindenwald via Interlaken. Get off at Interlaken and explore the town a bit. Continue journey to Grindenwald and explore Grindenwald in the evenings. Night in Grindenwald.

Day 5 - Jungfraujoch from Grindenwald. Up via Grindenwald. Down via Wengen. Night in Grindenwald

Day 6 - Schilthorn and explore Gimmenwald, Murren and possibly some light hiking. Night in Grindenwald

Day 7 - Leave for Montreux on Goldenpass train. Explore Montreax, Chillion Castle and Vevey. Night in Montruex

Day 8 - Day trip to Gruyeres and Broc - Cheese and Chocolate - Self guided - Night in Montreux.

Day 9 - Little confused with this day - thinking of going to Geneva and explore the city a bit. Other option is to go up to Rochers-De-Naye / Wine tasting in the area - Night in Montreux.

Day 10 - Early AM train to Milan.

Questions -

Should I do both Mt Rigi and Mt. Pilatus? If one, which one? What should I do in the other time?

How are my Grindenwald days? Should I both peaks? Or limit to one and explore the valley a bit? Any suggestion?

Day 9 - what do you suggest?

Am I missing something key along my route? I have the 8 + 2 Swiss Travel Pass (for a total of 10 days).

Thanks a lot!

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
May 16, 2017 - 7:34 PM in reply to danielkop

Hi Danielkop,

I like your itinerary as is!

I would do both Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus. Perhaps you don't have to do both Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch however but that more depends on what else in Grindelwald interests you - it certainly isn't a waste of time to do both mountains!

Day 7 looks a little long...I might choose between Vevey and Chillon but not both as well as Montreux (depending on how early you get to Montreux that day)

Day 9: I would definitely go to Rochers-De-Naye / Wine tasting (but that's me)

Lucas

Last modified on May 16, 2017 - 7:34 PM by Lucas
danielkop
danielkop
3 posts
May 17, 2017 - 4:50 PM

Thanks a lot!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017