10 day Itinerary review Lucerne & Interlaken April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2017 at 12:12:30 #810784

Hi All,

We have come up with below itinerary for 10 days , kindly review and let me know if any must do are missing in this

Thanks in advance

Day 1 -> Fly to Zurich – Train to Lucern , Stay @ Lucern / Interlaken ( ? ) [ FRI 14th April ]

2 – TBD ( Montreux , Martigny , Mt. Pilatus , Jungfraujoch, Lake Luzern )

3 – TBD

4 – TBD

5 – TBD

6 – Stay at Zermatt

7 – Zermatt -> St. Moritz ( Glacier Express ) Stay at St. Mortiz

8 – St. Mortiz -> Logano ( Bernina Express ) Stay at Lugano

9 – Lugano – > Lucern ( Wilheim Tell Express ) Stay @ Lucern / Interlaken ( ? )

Day 10 – Train from Lucern to Zurich [ SUN 23rd April ]

Kind Regards,

Vikram, Anna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2017 at 8:45:22 #858910

Hi VikramVI and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Here are some brief comments for you.

DAy 1 – looks good

Day 2 – Are you trying to do all those activities in one day? I would spread them over Day 2 to 5.
    Here is a list of activities you can do in the Luzern (local German spelling) area, including details on Mt. Pilatus and other mountains nearby.

You could take the Golden Pass panorama train from Interlaken or Lucerne to Montreux and possibly have time to go to Martigny…and stay in Montreux that night?

For Days 7,8 and 9 see our information pages on the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and the Gotthard Panoramic Express (this was called the Wilhelm Tell Express until 2016) for more details and purchasing options. This is a lot of sitting in trains but they are great experiences!

For accomplishing all these train trips I would suggest a Swiss Travel Pass for your stay in Switzerland.
    Take a look at the information page I linked for details on what routes it covers (almost all transport in Switzerland) as well as pricing and where/how to buy these tickets.

I hope this helps your itinerary planning, let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2017 at 20:26:29 #858911

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for detailed clarifications. You’re right, I’ve first 5 days for Lucerne and Interlaken region.

For advance booking on panoramic trains do I need to buy Swiss pass first and then do the booking ? Or I can just pay for reservation fee ?

We have 2 more months for the trip and wondering if I need to buy it now itself ( both STP and train reservations ) ?

Regards,

Vikram

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 7:15:44 #858912

Hi Vikram,

No, you don’t have to have the Swiss Travel Pass before you make the reservations. Just give yourself enough time to buy and ship it to you (or print from home) before you leave for Switzerland – say at least 5 or more business days before you leave.

Those links above will show you how to buy the STP and seat reservations.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 14:44:51 #858913

Hi Lucas,

I would like to book good seats in advance on Glacier and Bernina express, already some of them are booked.

Thus I was wondering to do advance booking on these trains will I need Swiss Travel Pass or I can just do reservation and show STP during travel ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 17:49:33 #858914

Hi VikramVI,

No, you don’t have to have the Swiss Travel Pass before you make the reservations. Check my links in the previous post for help on making reservations.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘10 day Itinerary review Lucerne & Interlaken April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.