Swiss itinerary sanity check – 8 days late July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 2:00:18 #814795

I am hoping you can provide a “sanity check” on my itinerary for late July/Early August for myself and 14 year old son traveling with 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and Family Card.

Day 1 – land in Zurich (from US), exhausted but touring Zurich, possibly Art Museum and shopping/dining

Day 2 – sleep in and head to Lucerne. See key sites, leisurely dining and stay over

Day 3 – Train to Ballenberg Outdoor Museum. Train (or boat) to Interlaken. train to Lauterbrunnen. Trummelbach Falls and stay in Lauterbrunnen

Day 4 – Schilthorn in morning. Train to Zermatt, stay in Zermatt

Day 5 – Gonergrat. maybe Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. stay in Zermatt

Day 6 – train to Montreux. Chateau Chillon. Stay in Montreux. (this will be on Swiss National Day)

Day 7 – trains to Broc and Gruyere (on our own, not with Chocolate train tour). Queen Experience. stay in Montreux

Day 8 – Train to Geneva, drop bags and see CERN. Back to Geneva Airport for flight to Munich.

The members here are amazing and give great advice. I am spending more time here all of my social media! thank you for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 March 2018 at 2:48:48 #878919

Hello KristinaP

That sounds wonderfully sane.

Just not following about Chocolate Train from MOB “The Chocolate Train runs again from 1 May. As a result of the construction works, guests are taking the bus in Montbovon. The bus takes them to Gruyères, to Broc and back again. This probably applies for the entire season until 31 October. “

I presume you will have to take same bus detour under your own steam. Just a heads up if you find something weird when searching the timetable for connections. Bus detour will be no big deal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 7:58:42 #878920

Yes, I concur, nice itinerary. You busy but not crazy busy. 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss itinerary sanity check – 8 days late July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.