Swiss itinerary sanity check - 8 days late July

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
KristinaP
KristinaP
2 posts
Mar 16, 2018 - 2:00 AM

I am hoping you can provide a "sanity check" on my itinerary for late July/Early August for myself and 14 year old son traveling with 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and Family Card.

Day 1 - land in Zurich (from US), exhausted but touring Zurich, possibly Art Museum and shopping/dining

Day 2 - sleep in and head to Lucerne. See key sites, leisurely dining and stay over

Day 3 - Train to Ballenberg Outdoor Museum. Train (or boat) to Interlaken. train to Lauterbrunnen. Trummelbach Falls and stay in Lauterbrunnen

Day 4 - Schilthorn in morning. Train to Zermatt, stay in Zermatt

Day 5 - Gonergrat. maybe Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. stay in Zermatt

Day 6 - train to Montreux. Chateau Chillon. Stay in Montreux. (this will be on Swiss National Day)

Day 7 - trains to Broc and Gruyere (on our own, not with Chocolate train tour). Queen Experience. stay in Montreux

Day 8 - Train to Geneva, drop bags and see CERN. Back to Geneva Airport for flight to Munich.

The members here are amazing and give great advice. I am spending more time here all of my social media! thank you for your help!

rockoyster
rockoyster
4022 posts
expert
Mar 16, 2018 - 2:48 AM in reply to KristinaP

Hello KristinaP

That sounds wonderfully sane.

Just not following about Chocolate Train from MOB "The Chocolate Train runs again from 1 May. As a result of the construction works, guests are taking the bus in Montbovon. The bus takes them to Gruyères, to Broc and back again. This probably applies for the entire season until 31 October. "

I presume you will have to take same bus detour under your own steam. Just a heads up if you find something weird when searching the timetable for connections. Bus detour will be no big deal.

Lucas
Lucas
9609 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2018 - 7:58 AM in reply to KristinaP

Yes, I concur, nice itinerary. You busy but not crazy busy. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018