Itinerary suggestion 7 days – add Glacier 3000

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 19:59:54 #811454

Hi experts

I will be travelling to Switzerland in July 1st week for 7 days.

My plan is as below, please provide suggestion for itinerary

Day 1: ZRH Airport arriving early by 7 am to Lucerne, by late noon visit Mount Pilatus ( overnight lucerne)

Day 2: Mount Titlis ( overnight lucerne)- visit the glacier cave and ride with the Ice Flyer chairlift

Day 3: round trip Mt Rigi with boat ( overnight lucerne)

Day 4: round trip Jungfraujoch to Grindelwald (overnight Interlaken)

Day 5: Schilthorn/ Staubbach Waterfall/ Lake Thun (overnight Interlaken)

Day 6 : Interlaken / Zermatt / Gornergrat (overnight Tasch)

Day 7: morning trip to Klein Matterhorn then by evening back to Interlaken (overnight Interlaken)

Day 8: morning flight back from Zurich Airport

instead of Mt Pilatus should I go for “Stanserhorn” or “Santis “

I wanted to see Glacier 3000 for DOGSLED RIDES / ALPINE COASTER.

If you can suggest from my proposed itinerary what I can remove & add Glacier 3000 in its place.

or something you feel is the repetitive with same view I am looking at.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 6:36:00 #861778

Hi Manub787 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Choosing between Mt. Pilatus and Stanserhorn is tough, have a read through our information pages to read more about the attractions. There is, I believe, a few more activities to do on Mt. Pilatus.

As for the Glacier 3000, geographically it is closest to Interlaken (3 hours compared to 4 hours from Zermatt). Perhaps on Day 7 instead of Klein Matterhorn, head early to Glacier 3000 from Zermatt and then on to Interlaken but that will make for a long day!

Make sure you email ahead to dog sled companies to ensure it is available before you decide to change your itinerary – which looks great at the moment!

You can search for all train schedules here.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 12:24:44 #861779

Thanks Lucas

Day 7 suggestions for glacier 3000 sounds great to me, is it possible to Jungfraujoch & Schilthorn in one day than I can have a spare day on Day 5.

Regards

Manu

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 12:33:03 #861780

Hi Manu,

It is possible to do both mountains in one day yes. They are however, 2.5 hours apart so you would need to get an early start to your day.

You can check the train schedules for this and all journeys on the link from my last post.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2017 at 12:36:25 #861781

Thanks Lucas for the great help.. will get back to you if need any further information

Regards

Manu

• The thread ‘Itinerary suggestion 7 days – add Glacier 3000’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.