Itinerary suggestion 8 days early October

Itinerary suggestion 8 days early October

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4706 posts
expert
Aug 29, 2015 - 3:34 PM in reply to maulik

<<"& How about the footwear?">>

Maulik-

You did not describe activities other than riding the trains and a bit of walking around scenic destinations, as far as I can see. Perhaps i missed some comments?

Footwear for that is not critical, but in cold weather it is nice to keep your feet warm. Sandals would not be so good.

If you have specific plans that are more demanding, let us know. This link may help.

www.myswissalps.com/hi king/preparation

Slowpopke

Last modified on Aug 29, 2015 - 3:40 PM by Slowpoke
msra7hm2
msra7hm2
63 posts
Aug 31, 2015 - 7:25 AM in reply to maulik

No Maulik, I am not much interested in big cities so skipping it. By the way where are you flying in from?

maulik
maulik
14 posts
Aug 31, 2015 - 1:26 PM in reply to Slowpoke

Slowpoke:

Nothing demanding. No treks or hitchhiking for that matter. Mostly sight seeing and couple of mountain top excursions.

Maulik

maulik
maulik
14 posts
Sep 12, 2015 - 5:15 PM

Hi,

Is the trip in the Golden Pass Line from Montreux to Interlaken (Via Zweisimmen) included for free in a 8 day Swiss Travel Pass? Also, do I need to make an advance seat reservation for it? I visited the website and it says that the charge for reservation is 8 CHF per seat....

Arno
Arno
10744 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2015 - 5:29 PM in reply to maulik

Hi maulik,

Sure, all Swiss trains are included, please see here. Seat reservations are not required. Details can be found on the Golden Pass page.

maulik
maulik
14 posts
Sep 13, 2015 - 3:49 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno,

And how about the luggage hold capacity? We will be carrying 2-3 pieces of suitcases along with us. Will that be accommodated on the coach? Would appreciate if you could confirm this for both the first as well as second class seats

Arno
Arno
10744 posts
expert &
Sep 13, 2015 - 4:22 PM in reply to maulik

Trains have various places for luggage. If there's not enough space over the seats or between the backrests, there's usually space near the doors too. Be sure to keep an eye on it. Don't place luggage in the aisle. More details are here.

maulik
maulik
14 posts
Sep 15, 2015 - 1:03 PM

Would appreciate suggestions for selecting the route option between Lauterbrunnen/Grindenwald to take while going up to Jungfraujoch and then comming back down to Interlaken OST ?

Arno
Arno
10744 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2015 - 3:12 PM in reply to maulik

Hi Maulik,

The route is described in detail on our Jungfraujoch page.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018