Itinerary suggestions and pass choice for 3 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2017 at 20:38:56 #810678

Hi,

We will be arriving at the Zurich airport and have the below in mind, need a suggestion for an itinerary

Day 1: 9 AM arrive at airport and sight seeing in Lucerne

Day 2: Excursion to mount titlis and sight seeing in the city in the evening

Day 3: spend full day in Interlaken and back to Zurich airport to catch the next day early morning flight

What is the best itenerary and sequence for the above trip? Should I buy super saver tickets or a pass and which pass is more suitable?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 January 2017 at 10:50:10 #858489

Hi Vikrammehta, welcome to MySwissAlps!

For a 3 day itinerary this looks fine. You may want to spend a bit more time in the immediate Lucerne region though. There’s a lot to see and do; please check the link I inserted. You may drop Interlaken to save on traveling time, but a ride to the Interlaken region is certainly doable. The timetable provides all connections and details. Interlaken itself isn’t really worth a visit, but the region south of it for sure is. What trips can be made depends on the season you’ll be visiting in.

A pass can be picked once your plans are set. Here’s how to calculate which option is most economical: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass. I think you should compare the Swiss Half Fare Card to the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2017 at 18:46:40 #858490

Dear Annika,

thanks for your reply. I didn’t mention that I am planning to go to interlaken for the skydive activity which I believe only happens in Interlaken. I am still a little confused regarding the right pass to select.

It’s a 3 day trip – Zurich airport to Lucerne, Lucerne to Titlis, Lucerne to Interlaken and finally Interlaken to Zurich airport. Which pass would be best for this, or should I skip the pass all together (I plan to do most sight-seeing in Lucerne by foot add I am not much of a museum person) and get super saver tickets whenever possible. I believe you don’t need any pass for supersaver tickets right?

thanks again

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 January 2017 at 19:12:21 #858491

Hi Vikrammehta,

For the plans you describe a Swiss Half Fare Card will probably be best. Supersaver tickets are an option, but they won’t provide any discount on the pricey Titlis tickets, so I don’t think this is your best bet. Moreover, supersaver tickets are not available for all dates and connections, and you can easily miss out on them as offers are limited.

If you do plan to include some more mountains close to Lucerne such as Rigi and Pilatus, I’d recommend the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass instead as it fully covers these rides. If you want to make absolutely sure which pass is most economical, you’d best do the math as explained through the link I provided in my previous answer.

I hope this helps!

• The thread ‘Itinerary suggestions and pass choice for 3 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.