How to see a maximum during 3 nights in Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 4:24:03 #821609

Me and my husband (50s) fly into Zurich on a Friday late September about 11.00 am. We only have four nights and it’s our first time to Switzerland. After much research we have booked 3 nights in Wengen and the fourth in Zurich. So train travel will be required from Zurich to Wengen and Wengen to Zurich on the Monday. I assume we get a separate cheap ticket for Zurich city to airport on the Tuesday. We want to do the Jungfrau one day, the top of the Schilthorn, see Lauterbrunnen and anything else that may be suggested. We really need to cram that into Saturday and Sunday and a few hours on Friday afternoon when we arrive might leave us with time to do something. So I’ve read that we will be travelling by cable cars and trains for those 2 1/2 days (aside from our to and from Zurich). Suggestions of itinerary with guidelines that would maximise our time there and what is the best value ticket for what I have outlined. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• The thread ‘How to see a maximum during 3 nights in Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.