Lost Swiss Half Fare Card. How do I get reduction?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 9:28:41 #817209

I’ve lost my Swiss half pass with my wallet and all my other cards. I still have a month left on the pass. Am I still able to travel for half fare? Is there some way to get a validation email to show ticket inspectors I’m still a valid half pass carrier without the card?

if anyone could offer me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 9:56:52 #891060

Hi Gwillymh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Where did you buy the Swiss Half Fare Card? Did you buy it online? https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price – if so you would have gotten it emailed to you and you can simply print it again.

If you bought it at a rail station in Switzerland though and it is your only copy, you’ll need to go to an office and explain what happened. If you have proof of purchase they may issue you another one at no charge.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 10:22:19 #891061

I bought it at the Lauterbrunnen rail office. I’ll be back there soon so perhaps I can ask them for help. It was delivered to them and ordered by them. So fingers crossed they can help.

cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2018 at 14:30:21 #891062

You should stop in to any SBB rail office as soon as possible to get help.

If you are traveling with a discounted ticket for Swiss Half Fare Card holders, but don’t have your Swiss Half Fare Card on you, you will be fined as not having a valid ticket.

• The thread ‘Lost Swiss Half Fare Card. How do I get reduction?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.