Lost Swiss Half Fare Card. How do I get reduction?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Gwillymh
Gwillymh
2 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 9:28 AM

I've lost my Swiss half pass with my wallet and all my other cards. I still have a month left on the pass. Am I still able to travel for half fare? Is there some way to get a validation email to show ticket inspectors I'm still a valid half pass carrier without the card?

if anyone could offer me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 9:56 AM in reply to Gwillymh

Hi Gwillymh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Where did you buy the Swiss Half Fare Card? Did you buy it online? https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price - if so you would have gotten it emailed to you and you can simply print it again.

If you bought it at a rail station in Switzerland though and it is your only copy, you'll need to go to an office and explain what happened. If you have proof of purchase they may issue you another one at no charge.

Gwillymh
Gwillymh
2 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 10:22 AM in reply to Lucas

I bought it at the Lauterbrunnen rail office. I'll be back there soon so perhaps I can ask them for help. It was delivered to them and ordered by them. So fingers crossed they can help.

cheers

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 2:30 PM in reply to Gwillymh

You should stop in to any SBB rail office as soon as possible to get help.

If you are traveling with a discounted ticket for Swiss Half Fare Card holders, but don't have your Swiss Half Fare Card on you, you will be fined as not having a valid ticket.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018