Jochpass chair lift and Gerschnialp cable car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 13:46:45 #817248

Hello All,

This is a question related to Mount Titlis.

As per this map – http://www.titlis.ch/en/info/ general/arrival – there is a chair lift between Trubsee & Jochpass and between Jochpass & Engstlensee.

I know there is a chair lift at the summit which costs CHF 12. Can I use that ticket to avail the services of the chair lift that I have mentioned above?

While coming down from summit to Engleberg, I would like to use the Scooter Bike which is available from Gerschnialp.

Again the map shows that there is a cable car betweem Trubsee and Gerschnialp (which I hope is covered by the return ticket from the summit), but the SBB website does not show this connection.

So if I enter ‘from’ as Trubsee and ‘to’ as Gerschnialp, the SBB website tells that I have to take the cable car all the way down to Engelberg first and then a funicular to Gerschnialp. This is not what I want.

So is there a cable car between Trubsee and Gerschnialp?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 July 2018 at 14:11:55 #891282

Hi Anilblr,

The gondola between Trübsee and Gerschnialp is part of the main route from the valley to the peak of the Titlis and back. So return tickets to the Titlis are valid there (one time to go up and one time to go down). The Jochpass chairlifts are not on this route and you need separate tickets for those, and well as for the Iceflyer chairlift at the summit. On arrival, you can explain at the ticket desk what you want to do. They can sell you the right tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 18:04:15 #891283

Thanks Arno. The confusion was actually caused by the Titlis Website which does not talk about this stop at Gerschnialp. It only talks about stops at Trubsee, Stand & summit.

But even the SBB website does not show this stop at Gerschnialp – that’s actually amazing. It tells me to take the Funicular from Engelberg to Gerschnialp in order to get there from Trubsee.

So, given that even SBB website is not showing this Trubsee-Gerschnialp connection, are you 100% sure that there is a stop at Gerschnialp along the main route to the summit?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 19:07:44 #891284

Hi anilBLR,

There is a gondola connection between Trubsee and Gerschnialp and this website may help you see the options more clearly. 🙂

https://www.bergfex.ch /engelberg/panorama/

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 July 2018 at 19:39:10 #891285

Last time I was there (admittedly quite some years ago), Gerschnialp was a stop but passengers didn’t even had to change there and could stay seated in the gondola. So for the “average” traveler there’s no need to know about it. That may explain why it’s hard to find until you actively looking for it.

It will all turn out fine. Enjoy the day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2018 at 11:06:29 #891286

Hi Lucas and Arno, thanks for your inputs again.

Well, I dug up a bit further and chanced upon this link (http://www.titlis.ch/en/info/ general/Timetables). In this link, I selected ‘Lifts’ and then ‘Rides down the mountain’.

Here, for the first time, I saw the official website showing the connection between Trübsee & Gerschnialp. It says the transport is ‘Angel Eyes’. It then says the frequency is ‘Between Christmas and March, 10 a.m. – 15 p.m’

If I am reading this right, then the cable car between Trübsee & Gerschnialp is not available in the summer season. Am I looking at it correctly?

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 July 2018 at 11:31:49 #891287

Hi Anil,

It’s indeed not overly clear on their website, but it also says that Engelberg to Gerschnialp operates as normal (a funicular). Worst case you can’t reach Gerschnialp when coming down from the summit, so you’d have to get all the way down to the valley and then back up to Gerschnialp to do the scooter ride. I’d ask when there, but you can for sure do the scooter ride one way or the other, if the weather allows of course.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2018 at 14:15:08 #891288

Hi,

One more question (a bit off-topic):

If I have already purchased the return ticket from Engelberg to Luzern, can I use that ticket to take the boat between ‘Stansstad (See)’ & ‘Luzern Bahnhofquai’?

Is the scenery during this boat ride good? Or do you recommend to take the train all the way to Luzern to avoid the fuss?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2018 at 8:21:32 #891289

If you have a ticket for a train ride from Engelberg to Luzern then it wouldn’t qualify for the boat trip on Lake Luzern. You could do a boat trip on Lake Luzern later that day though – https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakelucerne

• The thread ‘Jochpass chair lift and Gerschnialp cable car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.