Jungfrau and Pilatus trips in March 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 18:18:32 #810990

Hi,

I am planning to go jungfrau on 27th March from Interlaken.

Thanks to MyswissAlp, I got full idea of the route. However I could not understand, where do I have to pay extra in this trip if I have Swiss Travel Pass . Also, if the weather is bad, can i still enjoy the journey by trains if this is free with Swiss Travel Pass. Do I have to reserve seats on any of the train in this trip.

Reference Pilatus – I assume that Cogwheel train is off during this Month, does this make sense to go there from Luceren or shall use my day to Mount Rigi.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 7:28:42 #859706

Hi Vaibhav1975,

I am glad to hear you have found our site useful!

You can see what train routes are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (and which offer discounts only with the pass) here. For travel to Jungfraujoch your trip is covered by the STP until you reach Grindelwald or Wengen. From those towns you must buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch (at a 25% discount for STP holders).

You do not have to make and seat reservations in Switzerland except on the 4 panoramic trains listed here.

Correct, the cogwheel from Alpnachstad to Pilatus does not operate in March. You can travel by gondolas from Kriens or travel to Mt. Rigi – tough decision, both are great trips – I would base it more on the mountain you want to visit rather than the form of transport.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfrau and Pilatus trips in March 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.