Feb 25, 2012 - 7:36 PM
Thanks to this site, we just bought our 2 for 1 swiss saver pass.
We were researching about getting to jungfrau. I have read through this forum and have some of my questions answered. This is what I have gathered so far. Please help us understand the ones that are not clear.
1. We may plan to take a hotel very close to Wilderswil station or the Lauterbrunnen station. So, can we buy the jungfrau pass in either of these stations (or even in wengen station) early in the morning that day?
2. From the jungfrau website, I gather that the cost of the tickets are:
From Interlaken Ost, Wilderswil, Zweilütschinen & Mürren
From Grindelwald, Grund, Lauterbrunnen & Wengen
Now, since we have a pass, we will be covered till Wengen for free. And I know that we get a 25% discount. So, the question is:
- If we start from Wilderswill, will we be paying 0.75*140 ?
- If we start from Lauterbrunn, will we be paying 0.75*130 ?
ie, the cost differs from the starting point even though we have the swiss pass?
It seems like we should only pay 0.75*130 no matter where we start from since our pass covers the farthest point Wengen.
3. So, whatever it turns out to be the ticket cost, does that cover the entire round trip or only one way up to jungfrau?
4. We are aware that its kinda loop, ie, one could take
lauterbrun - wengen - KS - Jungfrau
grindelwald - KS - Jungfrau
So, can we take one route way up and the other route way down? And would the same ticket cover both of these?