Jungfrau good morning ticket covers roundtrip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2012 at 18:36:16 #804942

Hello,

Thanks to this site, we just bought our 2 for 1 swiss saver pass.

We were researching about getting to jungfrau. I have read through this forum and have some of my questions answered. This is what I have gathered so far. Please help us understand the ones that are not clear.

1. We may plan to take a hotel very close to Wilderswil‎ station or the Lauterbrunnen station. So, can we buy the jungfrau pass in either of these stations (or even in wengen station) early in the morning that day?

2. From the jungfrau website, I gather that the cost of the tickets are:

CHF 140.-
    From Interlaken Ost, Wilderswil, Zweilütschinen & Mürren

CHF 130.-
    From Grindelwald, Grund, Lauterbrunnen & Wengen
    Now, since we have a pass, we will be covered till Wengen for free. And I know that we get a 25% discount. So, the question is:
    – If we start from Wilderswill, will we be paying 0.75*140 ?
    – If we start from Lauterbrunn, will we be paying 0.75*130 ?
    ie, the cost differs from the starting point even though we have the swiss pass?
    It seems like we should only pay 0.75*130 no matter where we start from since our pass covers the farthest point Wengen.

3. So, whatever it turns out to be the ticket cost, does that cover the entire round trip or only one way up to jungfrau?

4. We are aware that its kinda loop, ie, one could take
    lauterbrun – wengen – KS – Jungfrau
    grindelwald – KS – Jungfrau
    So, can we take one route way up and the other route way down? And would the same ticket cover both of these?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 February 2012 at 11:15:30 #834951

Hi naveenneogi! The Good Morning ticket is only meant for travelers who don’t hold a rail pass, but you have one. Your 25% Swiss Saver Pass discount will result in a cheaper ticket than this Good Morning Ticket, so just buy a regular ticket as explained below.

With your Swiss Saver Pass, traveling up to Wengen or Grindelwald will be for free. Between Wengen-Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch, a 25% reduction applies. When calculating prices, you should only look for prices up from Wengen or Grindelwald. The rest is irrelevant, since that first leg will be for free anyway. So no matter where you start your trip, the discounted price up from Wengen or Grindelwald will always be the same.

Yes, you can go up using one route and down using the other one. Just go to a manned railway desk at any station along the route (Wilderswil, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Grindelwald), show your Swiss Saver Pass and explain that you need such a round trip ticket. The staff will print you one ticket for this entire trip including the discount offered by your Swiss Saver Pass.

• The thread ‘Jungfrau good morning ticket covers roundtrip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.