Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass 2018 coverage

Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass 2018 coverage

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 17, 2018 - 7:37 PM

Hello everyone,

I am quite sure that the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass offered a discount on the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn excursions in previous years. This no longer applies. But, apart from cable cars, three chair lifts in Wengen, Mürren and Kleine Scheidegg are included now. You can download a map here:

www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauhikingsledgingpa ss/validity

Edit January 25, 2018: a 50% discount still applies on Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn if you have a pass for 3 or more days. The above page has been updated.

Last modified on Jan 25, 2018 - 11:21 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Jan 17, 2018 - 9:51 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

In this 2017 thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/do-i-need-a-swiss-pass Alpenrose noted . . .

If you get a Hiking and Sledging Pass for at least 3 days, you also get 50% discount on tickets between:

Mürren-Schilthorn

Eigergletscher-Jungfraujoch

Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 18, 2018 - 10:06 AM

Hi Rockoyster,

Thanks for digging that up, so indeed they made a change. I was so surprised about this that I contacted the Jungfrau Railways, and they confirmed that the coverage details on their website are up to date. So no more discounts apparently. To enjoy the snow it still covers plenty though.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2419 posts
top member
Jan 25, 2018 - 6:59 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

The brochure on the Jungfrau website with prices for the 2017-18 winter season says the Hiking and Sledging Pass discounts for the Jungfraujoch and the Schilthorn are still part of the deal.

Perhaps the discounts are planned to be discontinued for the 2018-19 winter season.

www.jungfrau.ch/filead min/Prospekte_und_Bros chueren/Price_list_Jun gfrau_Ski_Region.pdf

Details for the Hiking and Sledging Pass are on the last page of the brochure.

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 25, 2018 - 7:50 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Hi Alpenrose,

Thank you! It's weird, I specifically asked them about those two discounts. I'll check with them again as now their website says two different things (apart from the brochure they have a page here).

Last modified on Jan 25, 2018 - 7:55 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 25, 2018 - 11:19 AM

After a re-check it is now confirmed that a 50% discount still applies on both Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Not for 2-day passes though, only for 3- or more days. All up to date details and a new map can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauhikingsledgingpa ss/validity.

Thanks again Alpenrose!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Jan 25, 2018 - 7:36 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno. Did you mean to include solid and dotted lines in the legend to the map?

Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 25, 2018 - 9:14 PM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

There is a legend in the PDF document itself, but indeed the legend on the page is not clear. I'll change "all lines" to "solid lines". Thanks!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Jan 25, 2018 - 9:23 PM in reply to Arno

The PDF I am seeing does not mention solid or dotted lines in the legend. 🧐

Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 26, 2018 - 7:09 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster,

That's unfortunate. There are lines just left of that text (see attached). I know that some PDF readers can't read all PDF documents somehow. I am opening the document in Google Chrome, so directly in my browser. You're probably using something else to open it?

Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jan 26, 2018 - 7:13 AM in reply to rockoyster

I'm using Adobe to open the PDF and I can see the legend with solid and dotted lines (which make sense to me).

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 7:34 AM in reply to Arno

Lines don't show on Safari on an iPad. Not the most left-field browser in the world! 🤓

Safari on a Mac - no problem.

Last modified on Jan 26, 2018 - 7:40 AM by rockoyster
Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jan 26, 2018 - 7:58 AM

Thanks for your tests. I did some too. Windows works fine, Android on a phone too. But with Safari on an iPad there are no lines indeed. I have no clue why to be honest. PDF is supposed to be one of the easiest file formats to be used on any platform and device, but here's an exception. Using another reader on the iPad, if there is one, might help. I've had similar issues on Windows once, where a PDF document just showed gibberish in one reader and was perfectly fine in another.

On a positive note - the update that should fix iPad issues while posting to the forum is getting nearer. I hope it's a matter of weeks.

Last modified on Jan 26, 2018 - 7:58 AM by Arno
rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Jan 26, 2018 - 10:06 AM in reply to Arno

Great news on the iPad posting issue. I use my iPad a lot.

If it’s any consolation if in Safari on iPad you use the Copy to iBooks feature the red lines appear in the PDF.

Not sure how many people use or even know about that feature.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018