Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass for April 17

• Scars
    Participant
    5 posts
    6 February 2018 at 4:21:04 #814265

Hi All,

I’m Darren , from Singapore , im new here, will be travelling to Swiss this coming April 17 , 2018.

Would like to check, can i still purchase for this Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass ?

The forum stated this pass only Available for traveling in winter (until April 17, 2018).

So can i still use it for 18 19 20 April?

If not any other pass can i look for ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 February 2018 at 4:49:10 #875740

Hi Scars and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I think the Hiking and Sledging Pass is only valid up to 17 April and the Jungfrau Travel Pass Summer does not become available until 5 May.

Quite a few forms of mountain transport cease to operate in April and early May. See post from Alpenrose666 on this thread http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/lifts-and-rail-access-to-mountain-destinations.

The Bernese Oberland Pass doesn’t start until 21 April so your only real choices are the the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half-fare Card. Have a look at “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 6:00:43 #875741

Hi Darren,

>> will be travelling to Swiss this coming April 17 , 2018 … can i still purchase for this Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass ? … for 18 19 20 April?

The Jungfrau website will allow you to buy a Jungfrau Region Hiking and Sledging Pass for 3 days from 18 April (see attached screen shot). However, as rockoyster mentioned, you would need to consider whether it is worth it, as some mountain transport for which the pass is valid will have closed for maintenance by then.

This is what it covers, and I have noted what will be operating between 18-20 April:

The Hiking and Sledging Pass provides unlimited free travel on the following:

Operating

• Trains Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen and Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg and Eigergletscher
    • Gondola Grindelwald to First
    • Bus and cable car Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg-Mürren
    • Cable car and train Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp-Mürren

Not operating

• Gondola Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen
    • Cable car Wengen to Männlichen
    • Bus Grindelwald to Bussalp until 16.00
    • Funicular Mürren to Allmendhubel

If you get a Hiking and Sledging Pass for at least 3 days, you also get 50% discount on tickets between:

Both of these will be operating.

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 February 2018 at 6:44:22 #875742

Good pickup Alpenrose. It appears you can buy a 9-day pass on 22 April but you can’t buy even a 1-day pass starting 23 April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 7:42:34 #875743

>> It appears you can buy a 9-day pass on 22 April but you can’t buy even a 1-day pass starting 23 April.

How bizarre!

Alpenrose

Scars
    Participant
    5 posts
    7 February 2018 at 1:03:56 #875744

Hi Alpenrose,

Good Day to you, Thanks for the reply.

rockoyster mentioned Hiking and Sledging Pass is only valid up to 17 April and the Jungfrau Travel Pass Summer does not become available until 5 May. so it abit confusing… so sorry for my poor understanding.

Scars
    Participant
    5 posts
    7 February 2018 at 1:05:25 #875745

Hi rockoyster,

Good Day to you, thanks for the information , but the below link doesnt exist anymore.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 February 2018 at 2:07:36 #875746

Don’t you just hate it when someone goes and changes the title of a thread after you’ve bookmarked it! Try http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018

I think Alpenrose has already covered all the relevant items in the post above. 🤓

Arno
    15481 posts
    7 February 2018 at 6:29:55 #875747

Hi Rockoyster,

The URL of a thread should not change even when the title is edited. However sometimes it changes anyway. It’s a technical glitch I’d really like to solve, but it’s out of my hands 🙁 I’ve fixed the above link.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 February 2018 at 8:50:59 #875748

Hi Arno,

No criticism. “Don’t you just hate it when . . . .” is just a very common Australian phrase. 😎

Arno
    15481 posts
    7 February 2018 at 10:55:22 #875749

Interesting! But no offence if you actually hate it, I know I do 🙂

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass for April 17’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.