Jungfrau hiking pass vs Jungfrau Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2017 at 5:52:11 #812731

We are heading to Grindelwald in early October. The plan is to do 5 days of hiking, day walks catching trains and/or lifts up the mountains and then walking downhill.

My questions are….

Is it worth getting a rail pass and which is the best option for this region?

Should I pre-purchase or wait until I get there?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2017 at 7:28:41 #867341

Hi hut3boy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are looking for a rail pass only for this region then you want to look at the Jungfrau Travel Pass (or for a larger travel area the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland).

You can read about costs and the areas the passes cover on their links.

The only way to know the most economical option is to, fortunately, do the math. We have an Excel sheet here to use once you know what trips by train, cable car boat, bus etc. you plan to make.

The other option is to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card. You will still have to buy tickets for every trip but every trip is discounted 50%. This way you can leave things open a bit more on your itinerary and know at least that every trip is half off.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfrau hiking pass vs Jungfrau Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.