About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Jungfrau region for a week - railpass combination
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Jungfrau region for a week - railpass combination

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Amyecbox2634
Amyecbox2634
6 posts
Jul 8, 2021 - 8:56 PM

I have read many of the questions here; I have read all the information about the different travel passes; I have tried to use the spreadsheet; I am still confused. My husband and I are traveling from Zurich airport to Wengen next week. We will be hiking around the Jungfrau region for a week (with accommodations in Wengen for the whole time) and then returning to Zurich for one night before we fly home. This is what I THINK will be the best option for us. Please advise, anyone: Buy the Saver Day Pass for the day we arrive to get from Zurich to Wengen and for the day we go back to Zurich. Buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass for the day we arrive through the day we leave to travel among Wengen, Murren, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, and Interlaken.

Does anyone have any wisdom to offer?

Thanks!

Anna
Anna
1507 posts
top member &
Jul 9, 2021 - 7:15 AM in reply to Amyecbox2634

Hi Amyecbox2634,

As you will be mainly based in the Jungfrau region, it certainly makes sense to get the Jungfrau Travel Pass for your trip. You can purchase the pass online from a list of resellers here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/price

The Saver Day Pass for your trip from Zurich airport to Wengen and back can also be purchased online: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/price

Safe travel and enjoy trip!

Anna

Gingy500
Gingy500
10 posts
Jul 10, 2021 - 2:10 AM in reply to Amyecbox2634

Compare the Berrner Oberland Pass with the Jungfrau pass. It has a much wider validity area. It is a little more expensive but could be good if you have rainy days.

Amyecbox2634
Amyecbox2634
6 posts
Jul 10, 2021 - 2:25 AM in reply to Gingy500

What are some ideas for rainy days?

Anna
Anna
1507 posts
top member &
Jul 10, 2021 - 9:04 AM in reply to Amyecbox2634

Hi Amyecbox2634,

For ideas to do on rainy days in the Jungfrau region, you can explore the following links:

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021