Jungfrau Region -June mountain openings

• Tray1
    Participant
    9 posts
    30 October 2018 at 22:08:16 #818838

Hi I am planning to stay in Lauterbrunnen from 9 to 23 June 19. I am going to be doing some hikes to/around some of the popular/well known peaks/trails. (Schiltshorn/Jungfraujoch/Murren/Mannlichen/Schynige Platte, etc. Is there a list of when all the trains/cable cars/gondolas open. I am worried that I might be too early in the season for some of them. Will I be able to hike to the Monchsjochhutte also at this time of year? (I’ve heard the cable car from Grindelwald to Mannlichen will be closed.) Any advice/links would be appreciated. I want to book my accommodation tomorrow!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 October 2018 at 8:28:25 #898520

Hi Tray1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can check most major attraction opening dates on our website. We have a mountain page here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains

Click the mountain you are interested in and then look on the route tab for details. You’ll find all mountain transport should be open during your travel dates, including Männlichen (though this is 2018 dates it should be similar: http://www.maennlichen.ch/en/ summer-timetable.html

If we don’t list the mountain or other you are interested in, they all have their own website with opening/closing details.

Some hiking trails at higher altitudes (http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/activitie s) may not open up until about the 15th of June or thereabouts. It is weather (snow level) dependent.

Drexelius
    Participant
    20 posts
    31 October 2018 at 13:08:33 #898521

We travel at the same time every year (starting 2nd week of June) to Switzlerland including the Jungfrau region, and have never had issues with lifts or trails being closed. And we’ve been doing this for 15-20 years. The only thing we’ve noticed is that some of the higher up mountain hut restaurants may be closed until the 2nd half of June. It’s a great time to visit – still have lots of Spring flowers (especially near Zermatt) and the crowds are still pretty light. The European vacationers don’t come until July-August.

Tray1
    Participant
    9 posts
    2 November 2018 at 8:40:30 #898522

Thanks for the info and reassurance, we are booked in for 18-30 June!!!

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Region -June mountain openings’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.