Jungfrau region & Jungfraujoch, weather 16 June

• Jenla13
    Participant
    10 posts
    16 June 2022 at 4:10:22 #827510

Morning!

Our whole day was planned for the Jungfrau Region today. It looks like more storms later today? Do any transport options close due to electrical storms? Should we still plan for this today? We won’t have time for it on another day but still want to make the best of our time here.

Thank you!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2022 at 7:07:01 #943271

Hi Jenla13,

I’ve checked the MeteoSwiss mobile app but I didn’t see much rain for today. Have a look at Grindelwald in the app, it seems to be nice weather with some clouds. For Jungfraujoch, it says fog for today, so I do not think you should go there today. But you can still visit other places in the Jungfrau region: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion/activities

In case of big storm and wind ,cable cars might close for security reasons.

Read more about the weather forecast: http://www.myswissalps.com/weather/forecast

Ildiko

Turgon
    Participant
    36 posts
    17 June 2022 at 5:32:33 #943272

It absolutely rained today, occasionally quite hard. That was in Lauterbrunnen and Murren. But it was only for a few minutes, and most of the day was dry. Or a drizzle for 5 minutes, then dry.

I went from Murren to Eigergletscher, then Wengen on the way down, and back to Murren today, so the weather wasn’t enough to stop me. LOL

Anna
    6274 posts
    17 June 2022 at 8:18:55 #943273

Hi Turgon,

Thanks for your update. It’s good to know that it only rained hard for a little a while 🙂

Hope you’ll have good weather for the rest of your trip.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Jungfrau region & Jungfraujoch, weather 16 June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.