About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Jungfrau region with own car and Swiss rail pass
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Jungfrau region with own car and Swiss rail pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Alish
Alish
2 posts
Jul 13, 2021 - 8:12 PM

Hello everyone,

My gf and I are going to visit the beautiful Switzerland. we are driving by car, we are gonna stay in Lauterbrunnen for a week. Do you suggest the Berner Oberland regional card considering that we are driving our own car? We are excited to try the cable cars.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Ali

Ildiko
Ildiko
1295 posts
top member &
Jul 14, 2021 - 11:48 AM in reply to Alish

Hi Ali and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Great that you are coming to visit the wonderful Jungfrau region! I think the best solution for you if you are leaving your car at the hotel and you use the Swiss rail system while you are in the Jungfrau region (www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion). Those are some incredible train routes and also it is the best, most comfortable way to travel within the region. To learn more: www.myswissalps.com/carversustrain

Usually, if you are driving we suggest the Swiss Half Fare Card, you can read more about it here: www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard, make sure to check all the labels including the validity and "how to use" tabs.

You can compare the Swiss Half Fare Card and the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland (www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/) using our calculation spreadsheet. It will help you to choose the best pass for your itinerary. You can download the spreadsheet from here: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

I hope this helps,
Ildiko

Alish
Alish
2 posts
Jul 15, 2021 - 1:06 PM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you very much indeed.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021