Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass discounts

• Henry_sanaga
    Participant
    10 posts
    2 November 2019 at 3:01:44 #824350

Hi all Switzerland lover,

Following my upcoming trip to Switzerland on mid Dec – end of Dec, I have a plan to visit Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch for 2 consecutive days.

Currently I have Swiss Half Fare Card (SHFC) and also Swiss Family Card.

After comparing the price, buy Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass for 2 days (CHF 111) is more economic than buy point to point ticket with destination to Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch.

My questions are :

1. will I get a discounted Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass if I have SHFC? which one is cheaper, buying in advance (online) or buy in manned train station in Jungfrau region (such as Interlaken)?

2.Will the Swiss Family Card work as well for the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass? or the children still need to buy the ticket?

3. The cable car up to Jungfraujoch or Piz Gloria said in covered in price, but I can use my SHFC right?

4. By the way, I will bring wheelchair for my parents, is it convenient to travel with train, bus. also cable car in Switzerland?

5. I will stay in Oey-Diemtigen area, anyone know what is the nearby attraction? since the information is limited in internet for this particular area.

Thank you in advance for your help :))

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    2 November 2019 at 7:01:13 #924499

Hi Henry sanaga,

I don’t think there is a discount on the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass when you present the Swiss Half Fare Card. For more information about the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass, please see links below:

As far as I know, children up to 5 years old travel free with the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass. Children 6- 15 are eligible for 50% discounts. The Junior Card and the Swiss Family card are not valid unfortunately with the pass. The discounts to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn are only valid when you purchase the Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass for 3 days or more. But yes, you can use the Swiss Half Fare Card in this case to get the reduced fares to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. And obviously if you already have the Swiss Family Card, your children would travel free.

Swiss Half Fare Card: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

Most public transport and tourist attractions in Switzerland are wheelchair friendly. The Jungfraujoch is definitely wheelchair accessible. The entrance to the Ice Palace is fitted with a stair lift. Please inform the railway personnel at the station of departure so that a member of staff is available to assist with changing trains at Kleine Scheidegg. The same when you travel to Schilthorn, there’s a series of lifts to get around, so request for assistance as soon as you arrive.

Oey-Diemtigen is a small village in the Simmen Valley. For information on what you can do in the area, please see this links:

Best regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Hiking and Sledging Pass discounts’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.