Jungfrau Regional Travel Pass -choosing dates

• Chez60
    Participant
    16 posts
    11 May 2018 at 14:18:59 #815892

Jungfrau Regional Pass – we’re travelling around Europe and will be staying at Lauterbrunnen for a week mid June. I’ve been checking the website and a 3 day Jungfrau regional pass would be ideal for us to travel around the area including the discount 50% on Jungfraujoch and 25% Schilthorn routes. My question is, if I buy online via one of the links you suggest do I need to specify which days we would want to use it or can I get the voucher and then exchange it for a pass at the Lauterbrunnen station on the first day we wish to use it? Obviously we would want to use it on the 3 best weather days so don’t want to preplan exact days at the moment and when I look at the purchase site it seems to indicate that I need to put a date in? Hope you can help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 21:01:37 #884891

I do not know the answer to your specific question but as an aside I would recommend that you may want to look at the Bernese Oberland Pass also if you are in the area for a week. We were based in Wilderswil for 8 days and the BO pass gave us lots of additional options for free or discounted travel and there were things included that you could do on days where the weather was not conducive to going up into the mountains. Not sure what the Jungfrau region covers entirely but the BO pass paid for itself by the morning of Day 3 for us!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 5:02:42 #884892

Hi Chez60 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you do choose a start date when buying a rail pass. You typically get a voucher emailed to you to exchange at a rail station. In your case, if you can’t commit to certain dates I would wait until you are in the region and decide on the dates (must be consecutive) you will use the Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Chez60
    Participant
    16 posts
    12 May 2018 at 7:11:44 #884893

Thank you for the additional information. I’ll have a look.

Chez60
    Participant
    16 posts
    12 May 2018 at 7:13:35 #884894

Thank you – that sounds like a plan as it will be weather dependent as well. One more question can I check that we can then buy this direct at Lauterbrunnen station and cost is the same as online?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 14:46:02 #884895

Yes, same price (fluctuations online due to exchange rates sometimes) and yes you can buy it at any staffed station in the Jungfrau region.

Chez60
    Participant
    16 posts
    12 May 2018 at 16:09:57 #884896

Many thanks for your help.

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Regional Travel Pass -choosing dates’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.