With Jungfrau/Swiss Travel Pass to Jungfraujoch

With Jungfrau/Swiss Travel Pass to Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nilima
nilima
5 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 7:04 PM

Hi,

(1) I am holding Swiss Travel Pass. How much I have to pay additional for train ticket to visit Jungfrau from Interlaken OST.

(2) In addition to swiss travel pass If I also purchase "Jungfrau Travel Pass - 3 days" How much I have to pay additional for train ticket to visit Jungfrau from Interlaken OST.

which will be the cheapest, option 1 or option 2

Please advise.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
5490 posts
expert &
Apr 23, 2017 - 7:53 AM in reply to nilima

Hi Nilima,

1. The Swiss Travel Pass entitles you to 25% off the ticket price of 95 chf (one way) to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald or Wengen.
  2. The Jungfrau Travel Pass covers as far as Eigergletscher and from there the ticket to Jungfraujoch is 50% off the regular price of 61chf (one way).

In the end it will depend on where else you are traveling by train. If you are traveling only within the Jungfrau Travel Pass region then that is the better choice - but if you are doing a lot of other train trips around Switzerland it probably makes more sense to buy the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 23, 2017 - 11:07 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018