With Jungfrau/Swiss Travel Pass to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 19:04:17 #811508

Hi,

(1) I am holding Swiss Travel Pass. How much I have to pay additional for train ticket to visit Jungfrau from Interlaken OST.

(2) In addition to swiss travel pass If I also purchase “Jungfrau Travel Pass – 3 days” How much I have to pay additional for train ticket to visit Jungfrau from Interlaken OST.

which will be the cheapest, option 1 or option 2

Please advise.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 7:53:10 #861999

Hi Nilima,

1. The Swiss Travel Pass entitles you to 25% off the ticket price of 95 chf (one way) to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald or Wengen.
    2. The Jungfrau Travel Pass covers as far as Eigergletscher and from there the ticket to Jungfraujoch is 50% off the regular price of 61chf (one way).

In the end it will depend on where else you are traveling by train. If you are traveling only within the Jungfrau Travel Pass region then that is the better choice – but if you are doing a lot of other train trips around Switzerland it probably makes more sense to buy the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

• The thread ‘With Jungfrau/Swiss Travel Pass to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.