Jungfrau Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass?

Jungfrau Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
yldleung
yldleung
6 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 1:35 PM

Hi,

would like to know with the Swiss Travel Pass, and the discount in train to Jungrau, is it still worth to purchase a Jungrau Travel Pass?

i will stay in Grindelwald for 2 nights, but properly can't go up Jungfrau in the first day as I will arrive Grindelwald around 6pm .

Is it necessary to purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass even travel around Grindelwald?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
Jul 25, 2017 - 4:24 PM in reply to yldleung

Hi yldleung,

No, I don't think that buying the Jungfrau Travel Pass, on top of your Swiss Travel Pass would offer any advantages for you on a 1.5 day trip. I assume you are basically there to just go up the Jungfraujoch on the 2nd day?

The Swiss Travel Pass gets your 25% off the trip from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch; while the Jungfrau Travel Pass covers the trip from Grindelwald to Eigergletscher and then gets you a 50% discount the rest of the way.

The Jungfrau Travel Pass is 180CHF approximately...and the savings don't add up to that unless you are planning more trips in the area?

Lucas

Last modified on Jul 26, 2017 - 6:00 PM by Arno
yldleung
yldleung
6 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 4:48 PM

Hi Lucas,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

i just notice even for the Jungrau Travel Pass won't cover 100% to the top. So you are right, seems not justify for my case.

Again, thanks so much.

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 6:17 AM in reply to yldleung

Oh and look into the Good Morning Pass when you go up to Jungfraujoch (if the weather is good and you can get up early that morning).

Lucas

yldleung
yldleung
6 posts
Jul 26, 2017 - 7:56 AM

Hi Lucas,

and the morning pass can be purchased on the spot that morning?

Lucas
Lucas
5516 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2017 - 8:37 AM in reply to yldleung

Yes, you have to travel up and down by certain times (noted here). You don't have to pre-book if you don't want to, but it is possible that the wait time won't allow you to get on by 08:30 so reserving the night before might be a good idea.

I'm not sure if any members here have had issues of missing the Good Morning Ticket price because of long lines though?

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018