Jungfrau Travel Pass – quick stop in Gimmelwald

• anabilakmal
    Participant
    6 posts
    31 May 2022 at 3:47:45 #827360

Hello there,

I bought Jungfrau travel pass. I am planning to visit Mount Schilthorn from murren and visit Gimmewald and Stecehelberg from Schilthorn. Based on my reading information,

The Cable car from Stechelberg to Mürren and Mürren to Schilthorn: 25% off

My enquiries are :

1) Can i stopover at Gimmelwald station and walkaround the town on my way to Stechelberg from Schilthorn? Can i still get 25% discount if i stopover at Gimmelwald on my way to stechelberg?

Thanks in advance for responding 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    31 May 2022 at 7:27:56 #942605

Hi anabilakmal,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

If you have a return ticket to Schilthorn, you can make as many stop as you wish at any stations in between including Gimmelwald. There is no need to get additional tickets.

http://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/gettingthere

Regards,

Anna

anabilakmal
    Participant
    6 posts
    31 May 2022 at 15:05:22 #942606

Thanks for the info,

By the way, if my destination is to Stechelberg and i bought one way ticket and stop at gimmelwald for sightseeing, i do not have to get additional tickets for my ride from gimmewald to Stechelberg. Am i right?

Thanks again 🙂

Anna
    6279 posts
    31 May 2022 at 18:57:35 #942607

Hi anabilakmal,

Yes, with a single ticket you can make a quick stop in Gimmelwald as it is enroute to Stechelberg.

Regards,

Anna

anabilakmal
    Participant
    6 posts
    1 June 2022 at 10:53:45 #942608

Hi Anna,

As long as i travel within the same day right? and does it apply to other location like grindelwald, interlaken etc ?

Thanks in again in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 12:10:13 #942609

Hi anabilakmal,

yes, if it is the same day, you can stop with your ticket at Gimmelwald and continue your trip.

Yes, you can stop everywhere with your Jungfrau Travel Pass, in Grindewald, Interlaken etc and then continue your trip as long as your Jungfrau Travel Pass is valid.

At http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity you’ll find the validity map of this pass.

Does this answer your question?
    Take care,
    Ildiko

anabilakmal
    Participant
    6 posts
    1 June 2022 at 12:14:09 #942610

Alright, thanks both of you Anna and Ildiko for your helpful answers

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass – quick stop in Gimmelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.