Buy Jungfrau Travel Pass plus Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2017 at 16:34:31 #813009

I am currently in Grindelwald half way through our two week holiday where we have been using our 15 day Swiss Travel Pass to full effect. However I am not sure if we will now need to purchase a jungfrau Tavel pass to use over the next six days to cover the various trains and cable cars. We are a family of two adults and two children aged 11 and 9. What would be our best option? Any advice welcomed.

This website and its forums has been a great help in the planning of our holiday which we are thoroughly enjoying. Many thanks everyone.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 August 2017 at 17:32:25 #868610

Hi ColinSiebert,

Welcome here, and I’m glad to hear our website has been useful so far!

In most cases buying two passes covering the same area is not worth it. But it will depend on how frequent and where exactly you plan to travel. The Swiss Travel Pass covers quite a lot in the area: Wengen, Mürren, Schynige Platte and of course Grindelwald can be reached for free. Nearly everything else is discounted. Next year Schilthorn will be free as well.

You can best compare both coverage maps:

If that does not help you can do the math as explained here to make your choice.

Personally I’d probably stick to the Swiss Travel Pass. The Jungfrau Travel Pass covers a limited area, but you may need to be flexible if the weather is not suitable for local trips into the mountains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2017 at 17:37:40 #868611

Thanks for the feedback Arno. It helped to confirm what I was thinking.

i cannot seem to get that second link you posted to work though?

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 August 2017 at 17:39:16 #868612

Sorry about that Colin, the link works now.

• The thread ‘Buy Jungfrau Travel Pass plus Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.