Jungfrau trip for Swiss Travel Pass holders

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 17:47:50 #815272

Hey guys,

What I understand from Swiss travel system – area of validity is that the train journey from Interlaken to Wengen / Grindelwald is covered in the Swiss Travel pass. And from Wengen / Grindelwald one would get a 50% or 25% discount to the Jungfraujoch.

I wanted to buy tickets and reserve my seats from Wengen / Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. I used this link http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/packages to purchase it from here http://www.viator.com/showImp ortantInfo.jspa?itemId=650168082 though this ticket price seems for a round trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch(as mentioned in the tab Important Info). I’m wondering since STP already covers half of the trip, is there an option to buy only round-trip tickets from Wenge / Grindelwald?

Also, I wanted to know if my seats are going to be reserved when purchasing it from here? Or if there is a need to reserve them at all?

Other queries – Is it possible to switch the dates of these tickets at a later stage if I want to change my plans, let’s say because of the weather or something?

If I’m going to Jungfraujoch and travel to other places like Lauterbrunnen/Grindlewald/Murren etc, are there any other tickets for cable cars/trains/buses that I should be reserving beforehand?

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 April 2018 at 19:51:27 #881977

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you are free to hop on any train you like. No tickets required. Reservations are very uncommon.

For Jungfraujoch though you will need a ticket as you only get 25% discount on the trip from Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch.

Even with Jungfraujoch It is not wise to book ahead of time. It makes no sense to commit to the trip if the weather does not cooperate. Looking at the inside of clouds at the top of Jungfraujoch is not that interesting.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 April 2018 at 8:58:00 #881978

Hi Apoorv,

The Viator link you posted is offering what you suggested: a ticket from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch and back, with the first section being free and the second being discounted because of your Swiss Travel Pass. Depending on when you travel the ticket via Viator could be cheaper as they don’t seem to offer seasonal prices, whereas you pay a premium price if buying on the spot in high season.

Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2018 at 13:17:09 #881979

Thanks, guys

• The thread ‘Jungfrau trip for Swiss Travel Pass holders’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.