Jungfrauhoch & Schilthorn tickets - pre buy?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
MezzaNewbs
MezzaNewbs
15 posts
Mar 21, 2018 - 1:59 AM

My husband and I will be travelling by car around Switzerland between 8 September & 20 September 2018 with no real fixed itinerary. Definitely seeing Jungfrau, Schilthorn and the Matterhorn in our ramblings.

We hope to stay near Interlaken for couple days to do both the Jungfrauhoch & Schilthorn trips. I will be purchasing the Swiss Half Fare tickets for us. My question is:

If I book online, do I need a printout of the tickets to to access our trip sat the stations? Or will the confirmation on my ipad be enough?? (Accessing a printer may be difficult). If I buy online, I assume there is somewhere in the process that I enter our SHF details! Or is it safe enough to purchase tickets at Interlaken Ost when we get there??

Thanks in advance for the help!!

MezzaNewbs

rockoyster
rockoyster
4028 posts
expert
Mar 21, 2018 - 2:58 AM in reply to MezzaNewbs

If you buy on-line you just claim you have a Swiss Half Fare Card. You just have to show it to the inspector on the train to prove you were eligible for the reduced fare.

I would wait until you are there before buying tickets. Then you can see what the weather is doing.

MezzaNewbs
MezzaNewbs
15 posts
Mar 21, 2018 - 4:26 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks Rockoyster

We will probably do as you suggest :)

I'm assuming tickets do not sell out (mostly)

iao

MezzaNewbs

rockoyster
rockoyster
4028 posts
expert
Mar 21, 2018 - 4:29 AM in reply to MezzaNewbs

You are right. Tickets don't sell out. I'd say by middle of September the peak tourist crowds will have started to dwindle quite a bit.

MezzaNewbs
MezzaNewbs
15 posts
Mar 21, 2018 - 4:36 AM in reply to rockoyster

We're hoping so!!! Thanks for all your advice.

This site has been amazing for getting our trip underway!

MezzaNewbs

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018