Jungfraujoch day trip from Eisten by car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 20:38:09 #822204

Hello!!

My name is Ciprian and i will be traveling in Switzerland with my family ( wife and two kids 6/9 years) in July for 10 Days.

First of all , thank you myswissalps.com for the quantity and the quality of the information you supply .

I have two questions :

1) if i buy swiss half fare card with swiss family card , for the kids ,i will pay something if we go to Jungfraujoch?

2) We will stay in Zen Eisten . To get Grindelwald with car is necessary to take a car train to Goppenstein?it is another shorter way?

Thank you!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 June 2019 at 22:14:07 #914858

Hello Cipri Med and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. You will get 50% discount on adult fares. Kids will travel free. See http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/validi ty.

2. The car train is the shortest route.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 22:30:46 #914859

If you mean you are staying in Eisten (Valais), to get to Jungfrau area by car you would drive to Goppenstein and take the train to Kandersteg, then drive Kandersteg – Spiez – Interlaken – Grindelwald.

However it would be just as easy by train (2 hours 15 min)

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 June 2019 at 4:44:37 #914860

Hi Cipri Med,

If it’s the Eisten that 1960man referred to, you can best park in Stalden or Visp and take the train from there. Much more relaxed than driving all the way to Grindelwald.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch day trip from Eisten by car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.