Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Concerns about travelling to Jungfraujoch in Oct

Concerns about travelling to Jungfraujoch in Oct

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sparvin
Sparvin
3 posts
Oct 17, 2019 - 4:47 PM

Hi,

I am planning to visit Jungfrau region on 29th Oct 2019. But heard from someone that its not allowed to go to alps now due to some glacier side occurred in early October. Please let me know if its allowed to go till the ice tunnel or the alps are open now for the tourists.

I am in dilemma because if the Jungfrau alps are closed then I will decrease my hotel stay at Interlaken.

Thanks in advance.

Anna
Anna
357 posts
top member &
Oct 18, 2019 - 3:53 AM

Hi Sparvin,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Jungfraujoch is accessible all year round. There is no closures as far I know.
www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

In addition to visiting the Jungfraujoch, there are plenty of places to see and things to do in Interlaken and surrounding areas.

Here are some suggestions:
Interlaken: www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities
Lake Brienz: www.myswissalps.com/la kebrienz/activities
Lake Thun: www.myswissalps.com/la kethun/activities

Be sure to check the timetable as some mountain railways and cable cars may not be operational due to maintenance.
SBB timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Hope this helps!

Anna

Sparvin
Sparvin
3 posts
Oct 18, 2019 - 7:41 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you Anna for your quick reply.

Actually I have Lake Thun , Lake Brienz and Schilthorn also beside Jungfraujoch in my travel itinerary.

Thought to go to some other place if couldn't go to Jungfrau. But relieved now with your reply.

pvonk
pvonk
242 posts
Oct 18, 2019 - 4:32 PM in reply to Sparvin

Regarding the boats on Brienz - The boats operate from 6 April to 20 October 2019.

For Thun: The boats operate all year round, but on a reduced schedule from October 14 to December 14 2019

Last modified on Oct 18, 2019 - 4:34 PM by pvonk

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019