Jungfraujoch reservation needed in late December?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2018 at 9:04:42 #818909

Hello,

We are planning to stay in Grindelwald from 26 to 29 December 2018 and would like to travel to Jungfraujoch on one of the days.

1. Since this might be a busy time, would you recommend buying tickets to Jungfraujoch in advance?

2. I tried to check the ticket reservations on stc link you provided on this web site, but the dates available are only till 8 December.

Thank you,

Renata

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2018 at 10:58:02 #898898

Hi Renata and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Usually reservations are only needed in peak summer months (July/August) but it could be busy over the holidays as well.

Their system must not be updated yet with the annual schedule change (set annually Dec. 9 – Dec . 8 following year). I’d check back in a week or so and see if they’ve updated the system.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2018 at 11:11:57 #898899

Thanks Lucas for such quick reply.

I will check in a week or so.

Renata

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch reservation needed in late December?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.