Best train trip to Jungfraujoch from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 8:40:25 #816197

I am planning for a trip to Jungfraujoch on June 03, 2018. My accommodation will be in Zurich near railway station. Can you please guide me the best way to and fro in terms of time and enjoyment. I will be with my wife and daughter 11 years and son 6 years.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 May 2018 at 10:19:04 #886180

You can use the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel.

This might be worth reading as well http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e.

If we knew a bit more about how this excursion fitted into your Swiss visit it would be easier to provide some tailored advice.

You might actually get more response if you posted this in the Rail or Miscellaneous forums rather than as a Trip Report – just quietly.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 11:58:05 #886181

Moved to rail thread. 🙂

As you’ll see from Rockoyster’s timetable link, it is a very long day to Jungfraujoch from Zurich – so be prepared for that!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 12:58:16 #886182

Thanks Rockoyster.

I will be reaching Zurich airport at 19:30 on June 01, 2018. I am planning for visiting Jungfraunch, Titlis, Lucerne city and if possible Rhine Falls and zurich city tour. I will be leaving for Amsterdam on June 04, 2018 and the flight time is 19:30. Can you please guide me better. What is the earliest time I can start journey and the convenient train routes (I will be taking 3 days swiss rail pass) . In case you are looking for any particular details for the better guidance to me please let me know I will provide.

Thanks for your support and looking forward for your reply

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2018 at 14:11:40 #886183

Hi Rajesh,

You can use the timetable from Rockoyster’s post to plan all the trips.

Put in the earliest time you want to get going…maybe 6am? It will then show you your options for the trip. The first train from Zurich main station is at 05:19 and will take over 4 hours (one-way).

June 2: Jungfraujoch (takes all day)
    June 3: Lucerne and Mt. Titlis (takes all day)
    June 4: Zurich city tour and/or the Rheinfalls

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    24 May 2018 at 19:00:39 #886184

Hi Rajesh,

Have you already booked your hotel in Zurich ? If not, you might want to consider moving where you will be staying on some nights to cut down on excessive and repetitive train travel. I think staying in Lucerne on the night of June 2 would be a big help, and possibly June 3 as well. Alternatively, June 2 and June 1 in Lucerne and June 3 in Zurich.

• The thread ‘Best train trip to Jungfraujoch from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.