Jungfraujoch altitude sickness for 7&13 year old?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 11:42:52 #815043

We are going to Jungfraujoch on 4th May 2018 with 2 kids one is 7yrs and another 13yrs. I would like to know whether it’s safe for the kids ? Or I’ll have to keep them on some medication to avoid related sicknesses?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 12:50:19 #880346

Usually only young infants or the elderly may have issues at that altitude. BUT it can cause issues for anyone – you never know.

I don’t think taking medication in advance would be needed unless they have health issues that you are already aware of. Simply take it easy upon reaching the top and if there are any health problems take the train back down the mountain.

• The thread ‘Jungfraujoch altitude sickness for 7&13 year old?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.